Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Epic Samsung Unpacked Journey to South Korea. Part 1

(Topic created on: 01-08-2023 11:26 AM)
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
In this first part, I have gone through the first couple of days of my trip. Can only load 30 files per article. So part two will be the last part of my trip.
In the photos, I have put in what phone took them. I used both the new phones as well as my S23 Ultra. 
This is a long article, so grab a cup of tea and get settled😁

I was looking forward to seeing the Samsung Unpacked Event online. Had the link saved etc.

Then out of the blue, an opportunity to attend the Samsung Unpacked Event in person was an opportunity I had to go for.
Not only to attend the Unpacked Event, but 4 days in South Korea was on my Bucket list places to visit.

I just couldn't wait. 

So on the Monday afternoon I set off to the Airport to catch my transport to take me the 5000 mile to South Korea.
Met up with@SocietyGirl from Samsung to travel with. 

Taken with the S23 Ultra 

A little matter of a5000 mile, 12.5 hour straight flight to Incheon airport.
Then must have been a 1.5 hour taxi drive to the hotel.
As you can imagine, we were really tired.

Taken with the S23 Ultra

We stayed at the Shilla Stay Samsung Hotel.
Really nice place.
Some interesting artworks outside the building. 

Taken with the S23 Ultra 

On arrival had to meet up with representatives of Samsung, and got various items. 
Sign forms and Non Disclosure Agreements. 

Then out to dinner for something to eat and an orientation. Also met some other Samsung Members Stars and managers

Taken with the S23 Ultra

I got the KFC-- Korean Fried Chicken. The sauce was really delicious and I really had far too much to eat. 

DAY 2 Morning

Unfortunately in this section, I can't tell you much to start with. 
We had a tour in the Samsung Digital City. It's in a large secure area.

This is where I met up with a lot of the other Samsung Members.
They came from everywhere. The USA to Malaysia, Japan to Netherlands and Germany etc.

Taken with the S23 Ultra

Employees here have literally everything they need. Sports facilities, health center, shopping areas. They have no need to leave the place. So live on site as well. 
Sadly photography was not allowed here around the site. 

Next we had a QA Lab tour. Really interesting to see how they test the phones, and continue to test after launch. 
Nothing was allowed to be taken in here. Phones, watches, wallets etc were not allowed. 

Also because of the Non Disclosure Agreement. I can't tell you what I saw either frustratingly. 
But that's the condition of having the privilege of having an extremely rare tour for outsiders. 

Day 2 Evening. The Unpacked Event 

This was the main event. The one bit I was looking forward to. 

Taken with the S23 Ultra

Despite being a bit jet lagged. My excitement of being here got me going, and I couldn't wait to get in. 

Taken with the S23 Ultra

So the floor markings led the way to the hall. So good that us Samsung Members got this sort of privileged attention.

Taken with the S23 Ultra

It started off with lots of energy and then the presentations.

Taken with the S23 Ultra

Taken with the S23 Ultra

Taken with the S23 Ultra

Once done, it was back to the hotel for a drink before retiring for the night.
Was a roof top area with great views over the city.

Taken with the S23 Ultra

Day 3

So this is where I got my hands on the Galaxy Z Flip 5 for the day. 

It's a great little phone, and I really enjoyed using it. 
But I was interested in the cameras. 

So we went to the Gangnam area, and visited the Samsung Gangnam Store. 
Here I used the Z Flip 5 to take the photos in the store and on a walk around the streets.

Taken with the Z Flip 5 

Taken with the Z Flip 5 

Taken with the Z Flip 5 

Taken with the Z Flip 5 

Really nicely laid out store, lots of colours and all devices are the latest ones. 
Think they also do small displays etc

Taken with the Z Flip 5 

Taken with the Z Flip 5 

Outside the Store, it was seriously hot and humid. 
We are talking about 32c and was probably about 85% humidity.
But a really interesting place to be. 

Taken with the Z Flip 5 

Taken with the Z Flip 5 

Taken with the Z Flip 5 

Taken with the Z Flip 5 

Taken with the Z Flip 5 

Busy and bustling, even in the weather conditions.
Just somewhere so different to what I'm used to.

Taken with the Z Flip 5 

Taken with the Z Flip 5 

Food was excellent. Though using chopsticks for the first time in a long while took a bit of getting used to, but soon picked up my technique.

Have to say that the Z Flip 5 cameras are really good. Even in the low light photo of the plate of food. Very impressed with this phone. 

Part two I have more to post with one of the places I really wanted to visit. Plus photos with the Z Fold 5. 
36 REPLIES 36
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Thank you for sharing your visit, looks like you put a lot of effort into both posts. Great shots and thank you for sharing again. Enjoyed the read and videos 👍
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Just an amazing experience
danitudi971
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

Hello,

I hope you enjoyed your trip to Korea :smiling-face:

See you soon!

Un assistente vocale per il tuo ecosistema Galaxy: Bixby

Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It was amazing.
I got a lot out of the trip and was better than I could have hoped for
Just wish maybe more of us from the UK can go one day and give the other communities some competition.
Its amazing how people from different places on the planet can meet up and get on so well.
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Very nice blog and photos of the mother ship visit, out of interest was the deal all paid, I recall it was only an invite, the rest you needed to fund.

Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Samsung covered the trip. Otherwise I couldn't have afforded that in the current climate
Think if I had paid I think I would have stayed on to explore more.
But it just gives me a reason to go there again sometime and spend a couple of weeks.
Maybe a time of year when it's not quite as hot 😅
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Glenntech  Looks like it was an awesome experience, thanks for sharing a detailed account.  Marvellous photos and videos  😁

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Kudos to you and Samsung, for a long time I have followed your posts and advice here, so for me a trusted review.

Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hard to convey in a post how the experience went. Limited to how much you can put in.
But I will remember for a long time my experience.
If anyone else gets the chance, I would say go for it 😁👍