Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moves

(Topic created on: 05-10-2022 08:51 AM)
N4T3
Navigator
Options
Hello just thought I would share my little story before I love and leave Samsung well my Samsung journey starts all the way back with the s6 edge+ I have stayed strong and gone all the way through till the final stop my S21 ultra I loved Samsung so much I got the galaxy watch 4 classic 5g 46mm and then the galaxy book 360 pro 5g then I got the Samsung galaxy Tab s8+5g I love my tab and I am amazed with my laptop but it's not always been love for Samsung I had a note 20 ultra which I was over the moon with but I downloaded a beta trial of software which I am still convinced busted that phone I then had to send the phone back 3 times after which convinced them enough to know it was broken the screen on my note was going green (badly) and at the same time my watch (brand new)at the time had been sent back for over heating all thes issues and the they released the s22 ultra and for me it was a let down due to the fact it was the same as the note 2 years previous mean while apple are releasing phones that can now tell if you have been in a crash or accident and react accordingly the apple watch is far superior to the gw4 classic in my opinion aswell due to the fact that it too can react when in a crash scenario this was one of the main reasons why I have now switched to iPhone i will never forget Samsung as they can be great but they are not the company that they once where. Sorry Samsung apple here I come 👋
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
keith30
Maestro
Options
Even switching to Apple Iphone 14 Pro is reported to have loads of bugs in them, they only been out a couple weeks, you just need to watch some of the videos on YouTube stating it. Might have been better if you went for Google Pixi phones, time will only tell. I agree Samsumg are rubbish but so are the others on the market. 😁
N4T3
Navigator
Options
Completely agree but can it be worst them Samsung's beta trials 🤣
0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
The main reason you switched to iPhone was due to the crash detection functionality? Next you'll be saying the emergency satellite capabilities were the next thing to sway you lol. The Apple Watch Ultra is for sure superior to the Galaxy Watch lineup hands down, but at twice the price of the 5 Pro it should be. The regular Apple Watch too I'd probably put above the Galaxy Watch lineup but they are 3 generations ahead so I'm not surprised. However I dislike the design of all the Apple watches with they're squared off design and since they don't work without an iPhone I will unlikely ever have one. Not that I'd need most of the performance metrics/ features it has over Samsung watches as I'm not one to entertain the idea of excercising very often.
N4T3
Navigator
Options
That was one big reason yes I will admit but you can't put a price on something that could potentially save you on top of that like I said I want a change Samsung have stuck with the same thing over and over it's boring they have had 2 or 3 major updates since I have been with them 1 being the os but it's not enough I would like to give something else a shot and iPhone just caught my eye the s22 ultra as far as I am concerned was just buying the same phone again we could argue this all day but Samsung have had their shot and missed for me but. I will still keep in my galaxy tab as Apple iPads ***** Mac's ***** it's just the phone and watch benefits that have me drawn to them the most I still love Samsung just not every to keep them as my main phone
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
Fair enough, it's nice to change things up every now and then for sure. I started out with an iPhone as my first smartphone, then Samsung, then Sony then back to Samsung. Your not wrong that not much has changed between the Note 20 and 22 Ultra, but I'd argue the same for the iPhone 12 and 14. Apart from folding phones I feel like smartphones are nearing a plateau where minor upgrades will unfortunately be the norm. Whilst the emergency features in the iPhone 14 lineup are no doubt useful, I can't see more than 0.001% of people actually activating them ever. Here in the UK you can't even use the satellite functionality yet anyway. As for the crash detection I can't criticise the feature really as it's a good idea, would make me question ever getting in a car with someone who claimed the feature to be the main reason to switching to iPhone however 😂 JK. I'm waiting for the S23 Ultra personally as photography is the main thing that sways me on a smartphone these days and Samsung's S Ultra phones bring so much versalitilty with their lens'. I miss the 10x zoom on my S21 Ultra so much, it allowed for lots of extra photo ops when shooting landscape photos, the 108mp camera (soon to be 200mp on S23 Ultra) was genuinely useful for me but mainly for a niche reason relating to my job but having the option made it that much better. Also the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 chip will be on the S23 lineup in the UK this time around bringing a likely decent improvement to photos with the chip's ISP capabilities too. Exciting times. If Apple did a periscope zoom I'd be all in.
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Been a samsung user since the S2 .

As a rule of thumb it's ideal to skip a generation or two for any electronic device as the updates are generally incremental unless you have deep pockets or get a good exchange value.

I have always thought about getting an iPhone but the amount of shattered screens I have seen makes me think twice before spending money on them.

Half of the people on beta software don't read the terms and conditions before installing beta softwares and then moan.
Eg. Google and samsung wallets not working as its clearly mentioned.

I am all for trying new OS and mobile companies.

I loved Windows phones and would have stuck with them if they were around.
But for now Samsung and Pixels it is.

I just get the pixels for the freebies :smiling-face:

As an enthusiastic photographer I love my S21 ultra for the range from macro to 100x zoom that I rarely miss my Nikon camera and lenses.
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
My first Samsung phone was the S7 which I was impressed with, which I upgraded to an S9 and didn't notice any difference. I was disappointed with the removal of the SD Card in newer models as the lack of an SD card slot was one of the things that kept me away from Apple. I upgraded my S9 to an S20+ which I was happy with. For the first time I pre ordered a new release, this phone an S22 Ultra and am very disappointed with it. Just too many niddles and glitches for such an expensive phone. I used to be a Nokia fan and always had the latest model and liked the symbian OS. Nokia died when it went over to Windows, but not because of the software as Windows phone software by far outperforms other OSs in terms of performance and stability but the lack of apps killed it off. I think Samsung are good in fact amongst the best for components such as memory, SSDs and the TVs have a better Smart menu etc but I think they lost the plot with this S22 and released it long before it was ready. I wouldn't risk another new release from Samsung and will consider switching to maybe a Pixel next time round as this S22 Ultra has really changed my view and trust in Samsung in particular with regard to phones. In future I would wait at least a year before even considering a new model, I've even considered getting a pixel now and putting this phone to oneside for the time being despite its huge cost. I don't dislike Samsung as a brand but I would have to be convinced by other users before considering upgrading to a new Samsung Phone. I wouldn't ever consider Apple as an alternative though as I don't like the way they do business I.e no SD card to try and force you to subscribe to cloud storage or the blocking of abilities to share some of your files via Bluetooth, etc i.e the tricks to make you buy stuff from them etc which I think is less prevalent in Android but Samsung seem to be heading the same way with the removal of SD cards etc so I am watching to see how they move forward in new models and may move away completely if they behave like Apple. But in a nutshell Samsung have messed up with the S22 which has damaged my confidence in them as a brand for new phones which is a shame as they have typically been amongst the top which can soon change if their reputation gets damaged
0 Likes
GirlGamer Rox
Apprentice
Options

Wait. . .

So after years of loving the Samsung eco-system, you decided to switch to the Apple eco-system due to the Crash Detection Functionality 😂

You don't need an excuse to justify your reasons for crossing over my guy... 

I myself being an iGirl and love everything Apple, so I can understand you moving over to Apple (took you long enough😂

In saying that, being the tech lover I am, I always get the latest flagships from Samsung too, with recently acquiring the Galaxy Z Fold4.

If anyone reading this is interested in my personal experience between the two phones, I will be more than happy to share it with you 😊

Spoiler Alert:

My iPhone 14 Pro Max will always remain my daily driver.

There's also mixed reviews regarding how accurate crash detection functions as well as permanent access to your location and microphone. 

Have a beautiful day further, from the U.K with love 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 

0 Likes