Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved from UK to Netherlands

(Topic created on: 14-10-2020 02:37 PM)
Tristan77
First Poster
Options

Have moved from UK to Netherlands with Samsung Smart TV (new) - trying to pick up terrestrial tv on arrival but it only picks up UK and Ireland as locations - is this possible to fix?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
swills9
Voyager
Options
factory reset, then choose country?
0 Likes
SjorsK
Maestro
Options

Welcome to the Netherlands! 😁

TV's are effectively region bound, there is an unofficial when it comes to the app store. It's possible to work around it using the service menu by modifying the region, but that will void the factory warranty so do it at your own risk. 

What is your new provider if you might ask Tristan? If it's Ziggo by a chance I highly recommend to use their mediabox. If you have KPN or anything using the KPN network it isn't possible to get TV though DVB-C. Instead they a form of iTV (Interactive TV). 

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Tristan77    Agree with @SjorsK  that it is problematic with the app store without taking risks with the warranty.  There have been a few theads on changing region for terrestrial tv , I think with varying degrees of success.  Some information here https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/change-region-for-samsung 

Might be a bit of a change in the Netherlands,anyway hope you find it a good move!

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes