Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy vs apple now I’m on the other side

(Topic created on: 15-02-2024 07:04 AM)
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options

So I though I would post about my experiences now I’m on the other side of the fence and this won’t be biased despite me being so cross with Samsung (customer service might be a little bit biased though 😂

so firstly the phone I had an s23 ultra (s24 ultra for a day for those who don’t know but it was faulty) now I have an iPhone 15. I had to get the base model due to me being in a rush for my phone and Samsung holding my trade in and my money. Anyway for the phone it’s a very close call. I will be talking mainly about my experience than comparing the products as all high and Samsungs and iPhones are pretty good. It’s going to be too much for me to write in detail and for you to read so I’m just going to summarise.

The phones. The iPhone has better durability & build quality and this bearing in mind the iPhone is the base 15 and the s23 ultra was the top line. The galaxy has more software features and you generally get more for your money. Apple integrates the software much better with accessories which I will mention shortly and it’s so refreshing to have one app for everything and not 2. iOS is more fluid and very refined, however Samsung is more fun and I got to say probably still a bit more stable although I haven’t had an major issues on the iPhone just minor cosmetic glitches. 
so for the phones I would say if you want and easy phone to use and you just use the core features the iPhone wins. It also takes much better pictures on a point and shot bases and has more options. However if you want fun features and probably the most stable phone on the planet Samsung is good. It’s just let down by terrible quality control and customer service which is actually why I’m on iPhone. Nothing to do with the product just the service. No clear winner with the phones but just due to build and customer service the iPhone only just takes the edge here but if Samsung  made its phones properly it could actually still be Samsung for me.

headphones this is an easy one. I would say Samsung headphones used to win apart from being very itchy. The new buds pro 2 however are just awful so the air prods pro 2 simply win this end of. They are comfy and have balanced sound.

watches. Again very easy. Samsung watches need a lot of work. I had 5 pro which was Samsungs best. It was laggy featureless and just simply didn’t work properly half the time. It was a lovely build though and had great battery. The Apple Watch is fast fluid and the aod adapts to what you doing you don’t just have dark and very dark. So I’m sorry Samsung clear winner here. Apple Watch battery is a little bit ***** though.

tablets I got to say Samsung. Wins here. I have an iPad mini 6 and a galaxy tab s9 ultra and although unfair test  I’m basing it more of experience. With the tablets Samsung gives you so many options like dex and a free pen with most. I actually still have both tablets. The mini is used for just browsing and my tab s9 ultra is my power house and my media monster. 

so in summary as a whole you can’t go wrong with either generally speaking Samsung makes more enticing phones if you can bag a good one. Apples line up is more boring but you know it will just work.

Apple makes much better accessory’s headphones and watches are in a different world. 

for the tablets most people would argue and say iPad is better but no. iPad is overpriced and poor value. Don’t get me wrong they are good but Samsung brings more to the table here.

software simply Samsungs is more stable and more fun. Apples connects to your life better and is more intuitive.

customer service. Samsung hasn’t got any it’s as simple as that. Apples is very good. I had an issue with apple last time I was with them which was why I ended up on Samsung (I’m always switching) it ended up with me gettigg n a free iPhone which I gave away as I already took delivery of my s23 ultra basically they were great but it was too late. In fairness to Apple though it was Amazon that caused the issue.  Samsung I have been left with a bitter taste in my mouth and I’m 200 pound down and now on a regular phone rather than a pro/ultra because of them. I will be very very scared to purchase any Samsung products in the future which is a shame as I really like them. Where I am now I am happy knowing if my iPhone breaks down they will send one within 24 hours. If I break it I will pay £110 and a phone will be send within 24 hours. With Samsung if your phone is faulty you wait 8 weeks. If it’s faulty mid way through it’s life you have to send for repair despite having care plus that is just poo. 

if you got to the end thanks for reading 

Ash 

34 REPLIES 34
GeoPan
Pathfinder
Options
I agree with you. Like I mentioned on my previous message, since November I am waiting for Samsung to contact me. Terrible service
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options

You won’t hear anything now. I managed to get £100 compensation but of course that’s on the Samsung website so I’m hoping to sell it to someone to get the money back. I actually think the s24 ultra is a very good alternative to the iPhone 15 PM apart from cameras but I wouldn’t go near one again after the service I received. When Apple messed me about I got a free 14 PM what have I got from Samsung? Nothing I’m still disgusted to this day. I thought I would be over it by now but obviously not 😂

GeoPan
Pathfinder
Options
I chat with customer service again 2 days ago and he/she gave me his/her word that they will contact me. Obviously Samsung doesn't give a monkeys about us. But I will do anything I can so people don't buy the S24 Ultra. I already turned away some family and friends. 7 in total I know for sure but I won't stop there
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options

Don’t blame you for me it’s Samsung as a whole now I will never buy anything Samsung ever again. I love my 15 PM and in a lot of ways it’s better however given the choice I would have the s24 ultra based on the phone. But bring Samsungs quality control and there customer service no chance. They don’t even have customer service to be honest. A lot of people will try to defend it but no excuses! I have never felt so disgusted in all my life and they just don’t care. It’s Apple for life for me that’s for sure. 

0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options

Honestly I could scream I want to write another post to kick off about it again but people just don’t care they happy to be lied to takes the p I s s out of and through their money at Samsung in the hope they never have to deal with them. Like I said Apple messed up once. I complained and within 72 hours they asked me to come in and pick up a complementary 14 PM only issue was I had bought an s23 ultra so I gave it away to family 

0 Likes