Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Feedback/Request] Samsung SMS App

(Topic created on: 25-08-2023 01:32 AM)
Nagarebozhi
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Hello, today I use Google's SMS application Messeges because you can react with emojis to what people write as you can see in the pictures. I like Samsung's SMS app and would use it every day of the week because of the categories etc, if you could react to messages like in Google's Messages. anyone know if there are any plans to implement it? 

9 REPLIES 9
Emmi S
Community Manager
Options

Not that I am aware of @Nagarebozhi but a great idea! it is nice to respond quickly with a thumbs up or heart at times.

I have passed this on within Samsung, so lets see if it will be implemented 🙌

/Emmi
Nagarebozhi
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Exactly my thoughts, thanks for forwarding it within Samsung 😁
Oxygenic
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Reactions with emojis on messages are supported in Google's RCS standard, introduced mid-2020, so if Samsung just implements full RCS in their text message app it would work (much like if Apple would support that in their iMessage). Samsung messages already had some RCS support, but for some reason, reactions aren't supported even if the protocol supports it... And now, I can't even find a setting to turn on/off RCS (it used to be there)

Oxygenic
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

An option is to use Google's app instead... :smiling-face: 

0 Likes
Nagarebozhi
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
hi yes i know i use google messages today but i like samsung's message app because of the ability to add categories etc. and i would have used samsung's app every day of the week if only they had added support for reactions.
Oxygenic
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Ah true! Well, it seems as if Samsung has reverted their support for RCS - at least it's nowhere to be found in settings anymore. 🧐

0 Likes
Nagarebozhi
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I don't think I've seen any RCS settings in the samsung app? on the other hand, are there chat settings that should be RCS?
0 Likes
Oxygenic
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

It's a long time since I saw it - but I think it was present in settings for connections in the settings app, not inside the chat app itself. Hope I didn't dream about it? But there are at least no settings for RCS whatsoever now in my S22U with the latest FW...

0 Likes
Nagarebozhi
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Nah, what I find in settings for the phone is under other, but it say not avalible for this unite but i think those results after the search is connected with the google application . and in the message app itself there are chat settings.1693312363941_1693312363927_0.jpgScreenshot_20230829_122540_Messages.jpg1693312533362_1693312533356_0.jpg
0 Likes