Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Lock Issue

(Topic created on: 29-10-2019 06:02 PM)
seamus1
Apprentice
Options

Hello All

I was able to unlock my screen this morning with PIN and Fingerprint but then it stopped working telling me that my PIN was incorrect.

The only option was to Factory reset my phone but now when I want to setup a Screen Lock and add a PIN I get the following error:

Screen Lock PIN has already changed. Try again with the new screen lock

I cannot set any Screen Lock so my phone is open and vulnerable, has anybody had this and solved it?

Screen Lock is secured by Knox so is there away to delete a PIN in Knox?

Thanks

65 REPLIES 65
bwoj
Journeyman
Options

0 Likes
cardellino84
Pioneer
Options

Any update? my s10 DBT Germany is still locked, offline modus but with wifi connected. Find my mobile don´t work.

0 Likes
Standup
First Poster
Options

I came back to previous version and I haven't received the OTA yet. I'm in Spain

0 Likes
cardellino84
Pioneer
Options

Dear Samsung, I'm really disappointed. Was it so difficult to make an update.zip available as it was found by xda for 10+?
Now I have already reset the phone. This s10 will be my latest samsung.

0 Likes
Seanzu
Explorer
Options

@cardellino84 wrote:

Dear Samsung, I'm really disappointed. Was it so difficult to make an update.zip available as it was found by xda for 10+?
Now I have already reset the phone. This s10 will be my latest samsung.

You should probably avoid using beta software if a bug in the software is reason enough for you to stop using a product line. 

0 Likes
cardellino84
Pioneer
Options
From 4-5 days everything worked perfectly. Strangely, everything crashes this morning. Moreover an update.zip is only a matter of time but it will come out thanks to xda and has no samsung.
Beta or non-beta this is not admissible
0 Likes
hartley95uk
First Poster
Options

@TomaszT wrote:

Hey everyone, 

BIG update!

Our development team is trying to force the update on the devices that are locked!

As long as you are connected to the WiFi the update should start installing!

If that does not work for you, then you will have to visit the Samsung Service Centre.

But I hope it will not be necessary! :hand-with-index-and-middle-fingers-crossed:

Any news on whether they have tried this yet? I really don't want to reset my phone and it's still stuck on the enter pin screen. How will I know if they've tried and failed?

Cheers

0 Likes
TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

Hello everyone,

I would just like to remind that we do not encourage using unofficial means of installing a binary.

I understand that a lot of you are experienced users, and it is not a problem for you to update your device using other tools.

However, we want to avoid a situation when a user with less experience tries to follows those steps and fails.

Those methods also put your device at risk.

That is why we are trying to find and deliver you all the solutions we possibly can that will help you out in that situation.

@hartley95uk 

As long as you have not restarted your device, the FOTA should automatically start once the device is connected to WiFi.

0 Likes
cardellino84
Pioneer
Options

@TomaszT wrote:

Hello everyone,

I would just like to remind that we do not encourage using unofficial means of installing a binary.

I understand that a lot of you are experienced users, and it is not a problem for you to update your device using other tools.

However, we want to avoid a situation when a user with less experience tries to follows those steps and fails.

Those methods also put your device at risk.

That is why we are trying to find and deliver you all the solutions we possibly can that will help you out in that situation.

This Is not a Tool, but official ota update file from Samsung..

0 Likes
dmgkelly
Explorer
Options

Is there any news on the update to fix no sound with Google Assistant on Android Auto. 

Many thanks. 

0 Likes