Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power off phone

(Topic created on: 08-11-2019 07:14 PM)
Troop3r
Pathfinder
Options

Loving the beta but I noticed today when I powered off my phone I had to use my fingerprint to shut it down after i tapped the power off icon, is it just for the beta or will it be like it all the time now?Screenshot_20191108-190910_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

Maybe it is just a bug, can't seem to find and option to switch this off either

On my S10+ powered by Android 10 improved by One UI 2.0,
Ben Ginders
0 Likes
TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

Hey everyone,

From what I have been told, it's a solution that has been asked by users for quite some time now - so another person can't switch off your device without your consent.

But I can see that it still needs some tweaks (like bypassing that security measure or just having an option to turn it off, as you have mentioned) and will forward them to the development team! :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

This seems to have been changed back in the latest build as I do not get asked for fingerprint pin when switching off the device

On my S10+ powered by Android 10 improved by One UI 2.0,
Ben Ginders
0 Likes
Troop3r
Pathfinder
Options

Same here and I was just getting used to it as an additional security feature to stop thieves from turning your phone off if ever stolen, hey samsung bring it back.

0 Likes
SiBozzy1811
Pathfinder
Options

It's been like this for a little while now. Personally I think it's a brilliant thing to do, just imagine if the unthinkable happened and someone stole it, the phone would be tried to be turned off, but it cant because you set your fingerprint and it requires your print for it to be turned off. 

0 Likes