Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power off phone

(Topic created on: 08-11-2019 07:14 PM)
Troop3r
Pathfinder
Options

Loving the beta but I noticed today when I powered off my phone I had to use my fingerprint to shut it down after i tapped the power off icon, is it just for the beta or will it be like it all the time now?Screenshot_20191108-190910_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
Graykenhill
Pathfinder
Options

Just tested it and I'm the same, sure it wasn't like that before on android 9, don't really know what it achieves, bit pointless really 

0 Likes
Troop3r
Pathfinder
Options

Bit strange really having to use fingerprint to shut down the phone

0 Likes
Gavinh
Helping Hand
Options

I'm not sure if it is part of the update but since the s7 i believe when your phone is locked and you try turning the phone off it will ask for pin or finger which is a security feature incase its stolen it cant be turned off which makes it easier for find my mobile. 

Troop3r
Pathfinder
Options

@Gavinh it's the first time I have ever seen it  on any of my samsung phones I've owned, bit strange to use fingerprints to turn off phone but what u say about stopping others from turning off phone seems a good idea.

Gavinh
Helping Hand
Options
It's always been on the lock screen (when the phone is locked) I'm guessing it's part of the update as I have it on the screen aswell which it's never asked for my finger print or pin unless the phone was locked, like I say I believe its been around since the S7.
0 Likes
Troop3r
Pathfinder
Options

When u press the power button u get this and when u press it againWhen u press the power button u get this and when u press it again

It goes to this and press the power off icon it changes toIt goes to this and press the power off icon it changes to

Screenshot_20191108-190910_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
Gavinh
Helping Hand
Options
Yeah same as mine but this is new now if you lock the screen and try it that 1 has always been their.
0 Likes
BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

It does make sense in a way, if someone steals a phone the first thing they try to do is switch it off so you can't find it... This way I guess they can't 

On my S10+ powered by Android 10 improved by One UI 2.0,
Ben Ginders
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

The phone can be switched off anyway if you press volume down+bixby+power button. I can't see the reason for the fingerprint confirmation.

0 Likes