Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Can't use the new navigation gesture.

(Topic created on: 08-01-2020 03:00 PM)
Gestures
Student
Options

Screenshot_20191110-155145_Settings.jpg

How come it won't let me click on more setting to enable the new gestures. 

8 REPLIES 8
Gavinh
Helping Hand
Options
I believe their is a post about the same issue with another person so guessing it's a bug
0 Likes
Solution
dan2508
Explorer
Options
Hi mate,
I had this issue as well and I believe it's caused by using a 3rd party launchers such as Nova.
Try changing your launcher to the default One UI and then select Navigation Buttons then select full screen gestures again. You will then see the button "More options"
Gestures
Student
Options

Thank you. That fix the issue .

0 Likes
TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

Hello everyone!

I have tried to get some more information about it.

Turns out this change is mostly due to Google's change with not supporting 3rd party launchers.

That's becuase there are way too many compatibility problems currently with them, so new gestures with 3rd party apps have been disabled.

Unfortunately, they can't be fixed on our side only. Those 3rd party launchers also need to adjust to new Android.

dan2508
Explorer
Options

Hi @TomaszT 

I don't think that's entirely true that it's a Google issue as 3rd party launchers work fine with the Pixel 4. 

I think this is a Samsung issue and we're probably going to be waiting a year or a year and a half for that to be incorporated into Android 10 for Samsung

0 Likes
TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

Hey @dan2508 

As far as I know they have just enabled it on Pixel 4 today.

And that's the only device that currently supports it.

From what I have been told, they have not reflected this change in their AOSP.

0 Likes
dan2508
Explorer
Options
Hi @TomaszT
Thanks for clarifying.
I hope Google release it before the official Android 10 for Samsung gets released.
0 Likes
mrtza7
First Poster
Options

I guess its just restricted to samsung samsung devices cuz i cant use it on my s10 plus but they work fine on my oneplus 6 even though I'm using a 3rd party launcher.

0 Likes