Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Always on display clock brightness

(Topic created on: 18-11-2019 10:19 PM)
Graykenhill
Pathfinder
Options

Beta update no. 4 and still no joy on the always on display double tap toggle for brightness and screen orientation.
Adaptive brightness toggled off as suggested but still not happening. Is this a bug what's causing this to not work or has it been omitted permanently.

As previously mentioned double tapping clock used to bring up the toggle ( circled in photo) 

Does anyone else still have this feature or has it gone for everyone. I know it's only a small thing but this is a big issue for me.20191115_104137.jpg

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

Hi @Graykenhill  

I have just tested this myself and can confirm none of the double tap functions work on the always on display.

I will raise a bug report on Samsung Members.

I would also advise you do the same to help support the Dev team on fixing the issue

On my S10+ powered by Android 10 improved by One UI 2.0,
Ben Ginders
0 Likes
Graykenhill
Pathfinder
Options
Cheers mate, have reported it every beta version.
0 Likes
BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

No worries hopefully now more of us have reported it will get some traction for you

On my S10+ powered by Android 10 improved by One UI 2.0,
Ben Ginders
0 Likes
TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

Hey @Graykenhill 

That is odd, as I used to have the same problem, but with the newest update it works fine for me.

I can change the AOD's brightness by double tapping the clock on AOD screen now.

So good thing that you have sent an error report, as it doesn't seem to be a global problem. So it is even more necessary to analyze the individual log files.

0 Likes
Sparehead
Navigator
Options

I dont have the option of changing brightness if double tap AOD just gives me a settings cog and then takes me to always on display settings which allows me to change from auto to manual brightness

0 Likes
TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

Hi @Sparehead 

Doesn't the brightness option appear when you disable Auto Brightness there? 

0 Likes
Bertie_bunghol
Navigator
Options

Just read this, and noticed it doesn't work for me either. Will submit  a report. 

0 Likes