Support

Open search

Always on display clock brightness

Navigator

Beta update no. 4 and still no joy on the always on display double tap toggle for brightness and screen orientation.
Adaptive brightness toggled off as suggested but still not happening. Is this a bug what's causing this to not work or has it been omitted permanently.

As previously mentioned double tapping clock used to bring up the toggle ( circled in photo) 

Does anyone else still have this feature or has it gone for everyone. I know it's only a small thing but this is a big issue for me.20191115_104137.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
Helping Hand

Hi @Graykenhill  

I have just tested this myself and can confirm none of the double tap functions work on the always on display.

I will raise a bug report on Samsung Members.

I would also advise you do the same to help support the Dev team on fixing the issue

On my S10+ powered by Android 10 improved by One UI 2.0,
Ben Ginders
Cheers mate, have reported it every beta version.

No worries hopefully now more of us have reported it will get some traction for you

On my S10+ powered by Android 10 improved by One UI 2.0,
Ben Ginders
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator

Hey @Graykenhill 

That is odd, as I used to have the same problem, but with the newest update it works fine for me.

I can change the AOD's brightness by double tapping the clock on AOD screen now.

So good thing that you have sent an error report, as it doesn't seem to be a global problem. So it is even more necessary to analyze the individual log files.

I dont have the option of changing brightness if double tap AOD just gives me a settings cog and then takes me to always on display settings which allows me to change from auto to manual brightness

Hi @Sparehead 

Doesn't the brightness option appear when you disable Auto Brightness there? 

Just read this, and noticed it doesn't work for me either. Will submit  a report.