Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No icon for notifications

(Topic created on: 21-09-2022 09:26 PM)
Tractatio
First Poster
Options
After upgrading to the new ui I don't seem to have any icons in the notifications pull down, all seem to be just white. I've reset the theme to the default in case that was an issue, done a restart.

Does anyone else have the same issue? 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
tbeem
First Poster
Options
Yup I have the same issue. Check your notification categories and see if that helps
0 Likes
AnnaMaz
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

Hello @Tractatio ,

Have you performed Wipe Cache Partition on the device after the update? If that doesn't help, please report the error via Samsung Members app so that the developers can take a look 😊

Have a good day!

0 Likes
Tractatio
First Poster
Options
How do you wipe the cache? I can't see an option in the settings and I can't appear to get into recovery mode to do it that way (I may be doing it wrong as everywhere gives you slightly different advice on doing it)
0 Likes
AnnaMaz
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

Yes, you can do it through the Recovery mode 😊 Turn off your device > Connect your device to the PC via USB (not to the charger) > Wait until the message that the device is being charged appears > Press and hold down the volume up and then power buttons and hold them until the device turns on > Recovery menu should appear > from there select "Wipe cache partition" (you can navigate using volume up/down buttons and confirm with a power button).
Hopefully that works 😁

0 Likes
Tractatio
First Poster
Options
Finally got round to plugging it in a PC to trigger getting into recovery mode. Unfortunately that didn't help and the issue persisted. On further investigation though, I could faintly see an outline of the logo in the white circles so I switched to light mode and my icons actually showed better. Redownloaded Theme Up and managed to work out which bits to change to change the icons that are shown.

Not sure if you class this an issue but it's definitely 100% not user friendly how the icons now show. Screenshot_20220923_193454_Theme Park_1000000047_1663958094.jpgScreenshot_20220923_193401_Samsung Members.jpg
0 Likes
Juli3n
Hotshot
Options
Yeah not a fan of the icons either, they look too small, but that last beta version has slightly improved that I found.
0 Likes