Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

secure folder

(Topic created on: 18-09-2022 08:28 AM)
scotsguy56
Navigator
Options
Why does secure folder need unlocked every time my phone starts? this should only need to be  required  if wanting access! 
11 REPLIES 11
Neo001
Legend
Options

Hi, Most likely, there is a notification from one of the apps inside the secure folder. Everytime you restart your phone, it checks for notifications and if there is any, it asks you to unlock the secure folder.

Juli3n
Hotshot
Options
No I've got the same problem as well, I've never had that before and since the beta, at every reboot, it asks for the secure folder to be unlocked although there is no notification. It's a bit weird actually.
0 Likes
scotsguy56
Navigator
Options
Definitely wasn't an issue before beta maybe needs looking into to!
viv_matt
Voyager
Options
This has only ever happened since this beta was installed. Nothing to do with the apps stored within the folder. Do note that the only apps located within my secure folder are the custom apps.
rajaamerkhan
Navigator
Options
Same happens to me as well. Kindly fix it. Thanks
0 Likes
JimmyAmigo
Pioneer
Options
Same here! Hope this gets removed..Hella annoying!
0 Likes
theoracle
Pathfinder
Options
If you feel it is a bug, please report it using the report a bug function.
0 Likes
MagdalenaPo
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

@scotsguy56 ,

You can boot your phone in Safe Mode to exclude that the cause of the problem is one of the downloaded apps. 

Turn the device off > tap Power off > press and hold the Power and the Volume Down buttons at the same time, to turn the device on > when Samsung logo appear on the screen, you can let go of the Power button while the device boots up. Make sure to keep holding the Volume Down button > check whether the issue also occurs in Safe Mode.

To exit Safe Mode, hold Volume Down and Power buttons for at least 5 seconds to force a reboot.

If this does not help diagnose the cause of the problem, please submit an error report in Samsung Members app. 🙂

0 Likes
viv_matt
Voyager
Options
This seems to be a security update with added security measures. The reason I say this is because I noticed similar action required on the galaxy S10 following a security update.
0 Likes