Sluiten

What are you looking for?

annuleren
Resultaten voor 
Zoek in plaats daarvan naar 
Bedoelde u: 

Oorspronkelijke onderwerp:

Android auto - samsung S10 not able to connect anymore

(Onderwerp aangemaakt op: 08-05-2022 11:15 PM)
5828 Weergaven
dhammer
First Poster
Opties

I'm using a samsung s10, and was using android auto before on my partners car through usb c connection.

Recently got a new car (golf 2022), it started out correctly, was able to connect wireless to android auto and also through cable. 

However, since a week I'm not able to connect to android auto anymore and its really causing headaches. My bluetooth connection seems to still be working, so playing music through spotify still works. However using android auto for e.g. waze, does not work anymore. Not in my car, not in my partners car. In both cars im using the same cable as before.. and my partner is still able to connect to both cars.

I tried rebooting, clearing cache of android auto, google play services, re installing.. without success! Any help??

0 Likes
16 Antwoorden
MartijnK
MegaStar
Opties

Hi @dhammer, good afternoon.

Thank you for reaching out. You've tried a lot of options and possibilities to resolve this. Is your phone also up-2-date? Did you also tried a new or different USB-C cable? 

And what kind of phone does your partner have? 

Kind regards, 

Martijn

members-moderator-signature-unpk-aug23-800x200
0 Likes
dhammer
First Poster
Opties

Thanks for the response!

In the meantime I have had success with connecting once.

I went into the developer options and set 'Default USB Connection' to sharing files, after this android auto started opening up on my phone and immediately after closing again. Did this for about 3 times, after which I was able to use Android Auto for 1 drive. Wasn't able to connect again anymore afterwards. 

I am however able to connect using bluetooth and play music, make calls etc. Also on my phone I constantly get the popup from 'Android Auto' asking me to connect. But of course this doesn't work.

My partner has a Oneplus Nord2, and is using the same cable as I'm using, and yes my phone is up to date.

I'm also not sure if my phone is trying to connect through wireless android auto or not.

0 Likes
MartijnK
MegaStar
Opties

Did you also tried a new or different USB-C cable? And is your system in your car also up-2-date? Without Waze how does it work?

Kind regards,

Martijn

0 Likes
dhammer
First Poster
Opties

System in my car is up to date, I haven't tried a different cable yet. The cable I'm using now also works with the phone my partner is using. So don't really think this could be an issue?

Without Waze, I'm using the bluetooth functionality of my car, allowing me to connect my phone application to make calls and play music. This is not using Android Auto.

Android auto has worked before, but this was trough wireless android auto. And once I briefly managed to connect through the cable, however, when turning off the car I never got this to work again..

Regards, 

0 Likes
MartijnK
MegaStar
Opties

Well a different cable can absolutely make a difference. I've seen multiple comments regarding Android Auto and a new cable which have resolved it however I can't guarantee this.

Kind regards,

Martijn

0 Likes
dhammer
First Poster
Opties

Ok, thats in the case I'm connecting through a cable, however, Android Auto Wireless was also working perfectly before.. But not anymore..

Will try a new cable, is there a cable you can recommend that works for sure?

0 Likes
MartijnK
MegaStar
Opties

I am not entirely sure which would be the best for this. One of the members here on the Community has resolved this with a really cheap cable. 

What you can do to try if the wireless connection will restore is to reset your network settings. Go to Settings > General Settings > Reset > Reset Network settings. Before you do this please look up your Wi-FI login credentials.

Kind regards,

Martijn

0 Likes
dhammer
First Poster
Opties

I tried resetting my network settings, didn't help. Still can't connect to android auto wireless. I'm able to connect with bluetooth to my car for audio/calls, but not for android auto.

I will order a new cable and see if this works.

0 Likes
MartijnK
MegaStar
Opties

Thank you for the heads-up. Besides a new cable, please also send in an error report by the Samsung Members-app. My colleagues of the R&D department will receive a log of your phone, so they also can investigate if this issue perhaps can be resolved by an update.

Keep us posted, please.

Kind regards,

Martijn

0 Likes