Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the main differences between S series phones and their FE models?

(Topic created on: 27-01-2022 09:34 AM)
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
I am thinking, if I buy the S22 for example; when the FE version comes out, what differences would I see? I am trying to decide whether I would be better getting an S22 or S22 FE. Thanks! 😊

Also, what would the release window be for an FE model, once the main flagship phone comes out? S22 predicted to come out in early Feb, so just wondering when the FE variant would be released. Thanks again! 😎
5 REPLIES 5
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
So far, I have gathered the differences & key points:
- Smaller screen-to-body ratio.
- Bigger dimensions + screen size .
- The chipsets available are the same!
- Bigger battery.
‐ Smaller Ram? Says 6GB, but there are also 8GB models?

Ideally, based on these changes, I would like the S22 FE, but I cannot wait a year! 😅
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Probably the Ultra has more RAM?
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
The FE use glasstic rear instead of glass. Basically plastic made to resemble the glass which is why it's been given that nickname
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Hi @LiquidSnake An 8 Gb version of the S21 FE is available for an extra £50 at £749 and imagine the S22 edition would be similar. Obviously some compromises are made but many of the features are similar. Selfie Camera an improvement but the other cameras not thought to be as impressive. Possibly it would not take so long and the S20 FE was launched in October that year but cannot be guaranteed. Anyway the S22 FE will not be anytime soon. Mixed reviews on the Fan Editions, know some here were not that impressed , battery life being one of the issues even if it might seem fine on paper.
Some information on the latest edition here https://www.pocket-lint.com/phones/news/samsung/159502-samsung-galaxy-s21-fe-price-release-date-spec...

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.