Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trapped Two-Step Verification

(Topic created on: 30-03-2020 12:57 AM)
BoeingMan
Explorer
Options

I have activated my Two-Step Verification security option on the samsung account website, I received sms on my mobile number, I used it to activate the Two-Step Verification, now my Two-Step Verification option is on.

When I signed in my SAMSUNG account on my mobile, and requesting the Two-Step Verification code, I don't receive any code, tried that from samsung accounts website, the same thing happened, I can generate backup codes, which won't work with the phone, Now I am trying to turn off the Two-Step Verification option, but I don't know how.

Long story short, I am trapped with the security layer I wanted to protect myself with.

Please I need your help 

Go to solution
54 REPLIES 54
opingebr
First Poster
Options

I had to do a factory reset of my S7. Got trapped in endless two-step verification, as you. The Android version does NOT matter, mine says Android 8.0.0, this STILL happens. Turning of lock and network in the security settings did NOT work, this STILL happens. Trying to log into the account on a computer STILL demands the ***** SMS code, so that is not an option either. I have now contacted Samsung support and asked them to delete my Samsung Account altogether. I'll be buying a Huawei tomorrow.

0 Likes
BoeingMan
Explorer
Options

Oh sorry to hear that,

version did matter in my case, i tried it on a higher android version and it worked fine, 

but  i asked samsung to stop the 2 steps verifications and they did and I'm happy since 

hope you'll solve yours soon

cheers 

0 Likes
ITnonSavy
First Poster
Options
Helo..I have a Samsung phone from 2018, when I receive my 2 step code and punch it in it freezes and won't let me verify..it's ridiculous!
0 Likes
emilii_a
First Poster
Options

I have had the same problem for two weeks, and Samsung still didn't help to solve it, their customer service is very poor.  Thanks to your post I know now the reason at least! Thanks! :smiling-face:

0 Likes
ElizabethnTexas
First Poster
Options

I am also trapped and it's been several days si I've forgotten now why I was even on the Samsung website.  I am getting emails and notifications that interrupt EVERYTHING I am doing on my NOTE 8 (OS 9.0).  

PLEASE HELP!!

0 Likes