Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simplify Smartphones

(Topic created on: 15-10-2023 11:11 PM)
Muiradhar
Navigator
Options
I don't understand why samsung has so many smartphones. It's confusing and the naming doesn't help.
It should have an entry level, let's call it Galaxy E and Galaxy E+, a mid range, let's call it galaxy M and Galaxy M+ a flagship, Galaxy S and galaxy S+, Ultra level, Galaxy Ultra and Ultra+ and foldable Z phones Z Fold and Z Flip. And all of them should only have the year as the number. So E23 and E23+, M23, M23+, Z Fold 23 and so on... Everybody would know what they are. What the hell is A34? A54? M32, M12? They make no sense! 
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Different markets require different specifications. Also some countries have different rules of the software allowed.
As such you get different names etc for marketing purposes
We have here in the UK the A series, S series and Z series
I think only one M series phone
Comparing it to say Xiaomi. It's a very simplified list.
It's just all about giving options.
The lower A Series will popular to be used as devices companies purchase. Being low cost
My company uses A series phones for all the mobile engineers
SocietyGirl
Community Manager
Options

I actually think that smartphones have some of the more simpler model numbers. Have a look at TV's, fridges or ovens...

Say hi to us on socials -  @SamsungUK

Muiradhar
Navigator
Options
Look at iPhone, they have only 4 phones per year, everybody knows what they are and they are the best selling unitary phones. Saying that there are worse companies with worse names is not really an argument not to improve and make options simpler and more efficient
0 Likes
Muiradhar
Navigator
Options
Smartphone is something that we use much more on our daily lives, where we watch their releases and discuss if we prefer Android or iOS. Nobody cares about what the fridge is called or tune in to watch the new fridge release. So yeah, the naming is better than other things, doesn't mean it can't simplify and improve
0 Likes