Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung pay+ on S8 : how to setup ???

(Topic created on: 24-04-2022 05:37 PM)
Stuart12
Apprentice
Options

I have Samsung Pay on s8. I want to go to Pay+ so that I can load more cards than are supported. The instructions on the Samsung website are utterly useless. they say two options:

1. Click on the Samsung Pay+ starter card you'll see in you Samsung Pay app.
2. Click the Samsung Pay+ banner in the 'Home' tab

Well my S Pay doesn't have any of those options available !! Uhh ? 

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18
TRY2HELP
Helping Hand
Options
Download curve in the play store then you get Samsung pay+, just follow the instructions from there
0 Likes
Stuart12
Apprentice
Options

Thanks. I'll give it a go. But why on earth doesn't Samsung's own page on setting it up not say 'download curve first'. Or perhaps it does and I've managed to miss it ? Seems a bit odd to not put step by step idi*t proof instructions.

0 Likes
TRY2HELP
Helping Hand
Options
Yea I download curve because Samsung pay don't support Barclays card and some other bank cards, with curve you have Samsung pay+, that support almost any banks, and it easy to use,
If you need any more help just post here we all try our best to help.
0 Likes
Stuart12
Apprentice
Options

Thanks. Yes, Barclay card was one of the two specific cards I want to get on phone which aren't supported by straight Pay. I've now downloaded curve, and just trying to get things sorted out. 

I'll come back and repost if I'm having any difficulties: many thanks.

0 Likes
Stuart12
Apprentice
Options

OK. so I now have Curve installed and have loaded a couple of cards in. Now, lets say I want to make a payment through samsung pay+ and I want to specify which card linked to curve the payment is actually made on  ? Can I do this, or do I have to make the payment on the curve card, and then sort out which card it gets charged to later ? (this is particlarly important to me at the moment as I need to have the ability to easily switch between a couple of cards that I can't actually load into Samsung Pay.

EDIT: So I'm thinking that perhaps what I do in this situation is open up the Curve app, use the 'tap and pay' on the correct card, and then use Samsung Pay: selecting the curve card in samsug pay will then use whatever is the currently selected 'pay' card in Curve ?

0 Likes
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
Your "edit" part is correct, did you setup Samsung Pay+ as you meantion using your Curve card.

If you setup Samsung Pay+ you should have got a Samsung Pay Mastercard not a curve card.
0 Likes
Stuart12
Apprentice
Options

deleted

0 Likes
Stuart12
Apprentice
Options

Umm. Within Samsung Pay, there is a Curve card showing, not something that is obviously a SamsungPay+ card (that is, its called Curve and its the curve colours etc. 

0 Likes
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
Under account in the curve app you should seeScreenshot_20220425-074215_Curve.jpg
0 Likes