Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Notes Corrupt File

(Topic created on: 07-10-2020 11:56 AM)
Members_zYDJBaZ
First Poster
Options

This morning all my Samsung Notes files were working fine, the one I have most regularly used this month will no longer open. I keep receiving a message saying "Can't open note. File corrupt". Really need the information on the note. Could anyone assist?

18 REPLIES 18
Ivy49
Apprentice
Options

I have the same problem. Samsung Notes has been acting up quite a bit since the new update, but this issue is really concerning me. All I did was insert a photo into a note, which I've done a few times since the update and never without issue, and the whole app froze up. This is the first time I've gotten the "file corrupt" message, though. Anyone know how to fix this?

Kartik2458
First Poster
Options

I have a trick that worked for me. First long press on the note that's not opening and then share it to Google drive. Once it is uploaded to drive ,open it in drive and then import it to samsung notes.

Hope it works 👍

Ivy49
Apprentice
Options

I tried this but when I long hold on the note, sharing it to Google Drive isn't an option. This is a note in the secure file, so maybe that's why? All the other sharing options just result in the app crashing.

Ivy49
Apprentice
Options

Oh my goodness, I found a solution. I thought I had previousoly, but it only gave me half the data back (it restored everything from the corrupt file up to August 22, and it was the data from early September that I needed). I was recently offered an update, though, and after installing the update, the file is no longer corrupt!

In case updating doesn't work, here's what I did originally that got me most of the data back. Maybe it will work better for someone else:

Go to the menu --> Old format notes --> Uncategorized (all of my notes were uncategorized) --> long press on the corrupted file --> Convert

I had already converted this note before it was corrupted, and it proved that by showing up under the "Converted notes" section, but I suppose this glitch was the source of the corruption.

Dang panda
First Poster
Options

Same here

I really need the file fixed because there are really important things there

Please help

Ivy49
Apprentice
Options

Did you try updating the app, converting the file, and uploading thr file to Google Drive?

0 Likes
Olga338
First Poster
Options

I could not do anything to the file including uploading it to Google Drive as lons as selected only the corrupt file. Once I selected 2 files (the corrupt file and another note) it worked and I was able to import it back to the Notes app. 

0 Likes
elaynemorais
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same problem. I opened a huge note I had just to add one minor thing. It crashed, sending me to blue screen. Now it won't open and it says file corrupt. What do I do? I can select the file but can't share it. When I try to share two notes at once, it works but it only attaches the other one. Where can I find the physical file??? I need it back, OMG!

I'm not on a phone. I have a Galaxy Book.

Sing
First Poster
Options

Hi, had the same problem. What i did was i long press it, and "Save as file" then either save as pdf or word file... mine works and managed to retrieve all the data inside. Hope it works for you guys too.