Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G

(Topic created on: 29-07-2024 07:50 PM)
Mike64
Journeyman
Options
I have been using the Samsung Note series for a long time and have had no problems whatsover. 
I updated to the Note 20 as you do. Brand new out the box and 2 years later it overheats, battery drains quick and diagnostic check poor and now I have the dreaded green line on the screen.
I look after my phones, charging and protection wise, when I have exchanged my previous Note phones they have been graded A.
After spending close to a £1,000 for this phone only to find 2 years later it's scrap or mega pounds to fix.
As an OAP I am annoyed and disappointed. I cannot just go out and buy a replacement.
Looking for advice on my options, similar to the Note like the Redmi phones etc. less expensive, reliable obviously not have the same spec.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Mrwhosenottheboss
Journeyman
Options
Yaaah, it's annoying fam. I had a similar life but on a much cheaper Galaxy A70. Get a new Samsung, though. You will definitely regret switching to Chinese brands. Samsung makes the best overall Android phones. Trust.
Mike64
Journeyman
Options
I have always been a Samsung fan.
I have a fridge and TV 😂
Mrwhosenottheboss
Journeyman
Options
Hmm, I think you'd need a Samsung microwave and washing machine too to be a proper fan. 🤣🤣🤣
Mike64
Journeyman
Options
Fo they do "fans".…..🤔🤣🤣
TarantuLuke
Pioneer
Options
Let'a get something straight, I'm not sure I understand. Note 20 was released in 2020, so 4 years ago. Then you say "after spending close to £1000 only to find 2 years later it's scrap". I'm assuming that "2 years later is now. Which would mean that in 2022 you paid for that phone "close to a £1000", which is actually more than original retail price for that phone on the release date in 2020 ("In the UK the Note 20 starts at £849, which gets you the 4G model with 256GB of storage, and the 5G variant costs £949"). Am i missing something here?
Mike64
Journeyman
Options
No, if you read my post 🤔 I like to keep my phone's in good condition so I can get the best exchange deal.
When I bought the the phone I also bought the screen protector a case,⁸ a spare charging lead for the car and charger all from o2 shop.
Mine is the Note 20 Ultra 5G. I am a pensioner I like to keep my phone's up to date but with new phones announced all the time, I get the best and latest I can afford.
I have Macrodroid and Tasker installed, as in my working career I worked in IT, So I don't have it to play games, oops 😬 sorry I do have a version of Solitaire.
I had the Note 3 and Note 8, had no problems.
Only to find after looking at the reviews and comments people are having the same problems.
I can see why the Note 20 was to be last.
I get Emails from Samsung trying to sell me another phone 🤣🤣🤣 the prices are similar to small used family car or holiday abroad, I know what I would choose 😉
So, £900, £1,000 or whatever you say the price was or is, it's a lot of money to spend, don't you agree?
Mike64
Journeyman
Options
No, if you read my post 🤔 I like to keep my phone's in good condition so I can get the best exchange deal.
When I bought the the phone I also bought the screen protector a case,⁸ a spare charging lead for the car and charger all from o2 shop.
Mine is the Note 20 Ultra 5G. I am a pensioner I like to keep my phone's up to date but with new phones announced all the time, I get the best and latest I can afford.
I have Macrodroid and Tasker installed, as in my working career I worked in IT, So I don't have it to play games, oops 😬 sorry I do have a version of Solitaire.
I had the Note 3 and Note 8, had no problems.
Only to find after looking at the reviews and comments people are having the same problems.
I can see why the Note 20 was to be last.
I get Emails from Samsung trying to sell me another phone 🤣🤣🤣 the prices are similar to small used family car or holiday abroad, I know what I would choose 😉
So, £900, £1,000 or whatever you say the price was or is, it's a lot of money to spend, don't you agree?
0 Likes
TarantuLuke
Pioneer
Options
True, IMO everything over £900-£1k is a lot, and probably not worth it in a long run. That wasn't the point, i got confused with the dates
, but again, it's a different story
Mike64
Journeyman
Options
No worries 😉
0 Likes