Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung notes and Windiws 11

(Topic created on: 09-10-2023 03:30 PM)
Raimy
Apprentice
Options
Hello.

I have been advised to post this here having spoken with Samsung support. With absolutely no notice and no communications Samsung following an enforced update has now stopped supporting the Samsung Notes app availble in the Microsoft Store.

To stop development is one thing, to do this is unforgivable. Does Samsing have a wrkround ir ideally any intention to reintrouduce support for Samsung Notes on windows 11 environments?

Thank you.
9 REPLIES 9
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hello, Samsung have not ceased development of Notes, it's still there in the MS store, however, it's only designed to work on Samsung hardware. https://apps.microsoft.com/detail/9NBLGGH43VHV?hl=en-us&gl=US
Raimy
Apprentice
Options
Sure, I understand that. However until recently it worked just fine with Windows 11 and the message that now appears (only wirks with Samsung hardware) was never seen. It hapened folowing the last Notes update.
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I maybe wrong.

I am presuming because Microsoft have their own similar app there might be a conflict interest.

Having said that I personally find it weird that samsung by default has the Google messages on their phones when they have their own samsung messages.

I like samsung messages.

Unless someone with better knowledge replies here one shall never know what's cooking.
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Samsung has obviously changed things to encourage sales of their hardware.
If you're looking for a workaround, Google is your friend!
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

There is not an official workaround, the Saminsider site for instance has article that involves sideloading. should be aware of risks https://www.techtarget.com/searchmobilecomputing/definition/sideloading 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Raimy
Apprentice
Options
Thanks. There are a few such workarounds that potentially compromise device security. For me it's the total lack of notice and resulting lack of time to prepare that grinds.
0 Likes
Thundercatinmyhat
First Poster
Options
Please Samsung can we have the Window app back? It was just perfect. Why did you kill it. Very disappointing.
Raimy
Apprentice
Options
I was advised by a Samsung suport supervisor to make this post on the understanding that Samsung development would get back to me. Dropping support without notice to users is never smart, dropping support for a solution that links a users multi vendor estate, in this case Samsung and Microsoft is even worse. Can anyone from Samsung update please? Thank you.
0 Likes
scotbob
First Poster
Options
I stopped using Samsung Notes, and now use another app which works across android and Windows devices regardless of manufacturer. Generally speaking I avoid Samsung apps where possible as their is usually a better app from someone else.
0 Likes