My Samsung A73 5G phone's battery keeps draining soo fast it does not even last 10hrs with full charge. I even had to uninstall some of my favorite apps just to keep the phone alive and it still did not help. I contacted customer support they told me to go to battery and device care and click on optimze now. I did it several times and still no hope. This is by far the worst Samsung device. I can't even use any social media application for long time as it brings the charge down drastically
They say its 5000mAH but it performs worse than 3000mAh. I had a Samsung J7 Pro before this and I've used it for 4 years now and it's battery still works fine and lasts long as every phone should. But A73 is the worst of the worst. It is not worth the money, the camera is not good and the battery drains fast. I always used Samsung phones throughout my life till now but I'm never ever going to buy a samsung device ever again.
HI @rvphilip Generally it best to use some further optimisation techniques, it is best to only have connections such as Wifi,Bluetooth running when necessary and to put Apps which are not used regularly to sleep. Do you run a Power Saving Mode and are you using 5G much. https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/does-5g-drain-battery/ some tips in this article digitaltrends.com/mobile/get-the-most-battery-life-out-of-samsung-galaxy-a/
Wiping the cache partition on ocassions, particulsarly after updates can help. No data is lost but the temporary files are deleted.
Follow these steps:
1. Turn off the device.
2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key (plus Bixby Key if phone has one) Should not need to connect to computer in A series.
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.
only a test but according to this article the Battery was fairly impressive on a High Refresh Rate and they rated the Camera (for a Mid Range Device).
I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.
My Device- S21 Ultra 5G ( SM-998B/DS ) CSC= BTU , 12GB/256GB
One Ui 5.0,Android 13 .