Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S8 WiFi

(Topic created on: 18-02-2021 12:19 AM)
Archieman
First Poster
Options
My S8 searches for wireless networks,  but doesn't find any.  They are there and my S20 sees them all. The S8 can be told to look by the square barcode thing that came with my router but doesn't connect. I've talked to EE and they couldn't help. It's not the router, it's the phone. I've tried the tips on Google but nothing works. I get the spinning icon to say wireless is searching, the it switches off, then on again for the same result. I've cleared the network settings etc but nothing changes. I may need a factory reset but can't remember my Google password for my old email address,  help I'm ok mostly with tech but am in a corner withe this phone I want to give to a friend. 
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
In SAMSUNG MEMBERS, click on GET HELP (bottom of the screen), then click on INTERACTIVE CHECKS. Run a check on your WIFI. It will then flag up any issues.
0 Likes
Andy3
Voyager
Options
it's a s8 bit old
0 Likes
Archieman
First Poster
Options
its not the WiFi. I've done a factory reset and with the camera , focus on the barcode square, it seen the network name and password, message said connecting, but nothing seen. it looks like there is damage to the phone internally
0 Likes
Archieman
First Poster
Options
Old? S8 was only put on the market in March 2017! I have a friend with a Nokia lol that's old 😂!
0 Likes
Andy3
Voyager
Options
exactly a 2017 phone is old. coming up to 4 years old. maybe try wipe cache partition or factory reset it.. s8 is a good phone (was) but its a bit old. I give you a tip. If things don't work correctly. wipe cache partition if no joy factory reset. Then ask in forums.
0 Likes
Archieman
First Poster
Options
see my reply to Steven 9761 😊
0 Likes
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
Give Samsung a call, but it may well be that you're as cheap buying a newer model.
0 Likes