Did you mean: 

S7 edge won't turn on or do anything!

(Topic created on: 16-07-2020 12:28 AM)
Emipop
First Poster
Options

Hi, 

I'm hoping I can find some help here. 

I have had this phone for 4 years, use it regularly with minimal issues (occasionally needing a little restart pick me up, but nothing out of the ordinary).

I uninstalled a game ("tiny islands" or something like that) and my phone froze before completing the uninstall - the screen showed my game launcher, with the app still present, but with the pop up at the bottom saying  "app successfully uninstalled" (or words to that effect). It stayed like that for about 5 minutes completely unresponsive (usually when it crashes I can't at least turn off the screen), so I held the power button down until it turned off. It then tried to restart and I put in my pattern and it stayed on the unlocked padlock spinning screen for about 20 minutes before I held the power button down again to turn it off.

Since then I have tried charging it, tried soft resets, any kind of thing I can find that might turn it back on again, and nothing is doing anything. All I'm getting now is a screen that says "downloading - do not turn off target" which I was seriously worried was a virus, but a quick Google search shows it could have been me pressing a wrong order of butons. I'm pretty sure I didn't but that's besides the point.

I have now exited this screen 3 times, and it keeps coming back. And it's all my phone will do. No LEDs, only a quick buzz when that screen comes back, other than that it's basically a vegetable.

If anyone has any advice that might help before I fork out for an appointment a whole week away that may or may not even help me, I would be eternally grateful.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Emipop 

If this was my phone my options to try would be...

1. hardreset.info/devices/samsung/samsung-g935f-galaxy-s7-edge. 

Be aware this could delete your saved information.

2. Visit a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre 

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Jasonseery
Helping Hand
Options
I tried to put a custom rom on my phone one day just to experiment with an old phone, I messed something up and it didn't work but I went into my local phone shop that sells covers and chargers and they fixed my phone for a small price 🙃 one near you might help
0 Likes