Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POSSIBLE BREACH

(Topic created on: 16-11-2023 02:58 PM)
Bev54
Helping Hand
Options
I put a message up around may this year about a strange incident that happened on Google Chrome while I was printing. I noticed on a page on Google Chrome that there was a man dressed in all black and had his hood up and something covering his face and when I clicked onto the page this person vanished. I don't know what happened and who he was, is there anything I can do to search on my Samsung Galaxy S10 phone to see if someone has managed to get into my phone. Is there anyone who has any ideas what this could have been please message me as soon as possible thank you. I am very very concerned. 
0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Isn't that the incognito mode of chrome?
Bev54
Helping Hand
Options
I am not sure as I don't use the incognito mode and I was printing at the time
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I remember that the logo was different then it is now, but I don't use Chrome so can't remember
Bev54
Helping Hand
Options
I have just tried the incognito mode and it just turns chrome page black
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Bev54  Think it may not be a big concern ,  possibly just incognitio mode at the time. However  If you go to Settings-Battery and Device care-Device Protection. Run a scan and see if anything detected there.

Have you noticed any strange behaviour in your applications such as switching on or off unexpectedly.  Is there anything that you do not recognise on your device such as Messages or anything installed.  If anything of this nature it would be best to Factory Reset (after backing up Data) and change passwords but if not and nothing further since then likely not  necessary.

Generally it is best to ensure you are up to Date with security updates  and it safer to just use the Galaxy and Google stores for downloading apps, 2 factor authentication  is also a good idea .  

https://www.samsung.com//support/apps-services/what-is-two-step-verification/   

https://www.androidpolice.com/activate-two-factor-2fa-google-account/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Bev54
Helping Hand
Options
JAMES4578 MORE INFORMATION FROM YESTERDAY THAT MY S10 HAS BEEN BREACHED. Screenshot_20231116_140200_Samsung Members.jpgScreenshot_20231116_140258_Samsung Members.jpgScreenshot_20231116_140310_Samsung Members.jpgScreenshot_20231116_140328_Samsung Members.jpg
0 Likes
Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Bev54  More concerning, though has there been any other issues lately?  in any case you may wish to follow my suggestions and possibly Factory Reset/change passwords.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Bev54
Helping Hand
Options
Hi James i go onto battery and device care every week and scan everything.
Bev54
Helping Hand
Options
If i did a factory reset would they be able to breach my s10 again ?
0 Likes