I have a Samsung S8 and here is what I want:-

- phone on silent 

- vibrates for call and text 

here is my problem:-

when phone is on silent - all notifications make no sound 

when phone on vibrate - all notifications vibrate 

having phone on sound is not an option. 

my examples are:- 

i want Snapchat to show notification on badge only but if I change notifications to badge only there are no notifications at all. 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL
Options

@Rasbandittrick: I recommend checking out Do Not Disturb Mode, by swiping from the top of the screen to the bottom, then again to enlarge the Quick Settings panel, and tap on Do Not Disturb. This will now show as active in the drop down notification panel. Tap on the notification, then go to Allow Exceptions > Calls From/Messages From (select your preferences), then set the device Sound to Vibrate. Now, your phone will be silent, except for calls and texts which should vibrate when they come through.

For custom notifications options, go to Settings > Apps > Select the relevant app > Notifications, and you'll be able to change the sound and type of notification for the individual app.

0 Likes
Rasbandittrick
First Poster
Options

I'm coming from an iPhone so being able to have what I'm coming from is a must. 

I use the DND to prevent ALL notifications. So that isn't suitable. 

iPhone I can switch between loud or silent. Doesn't matter which setting I was on, snapchat would only display a notification on the badge. 

bascially an app I want to notify on the badge only it's not possible as every attempt I try and no matter what configuration I do under notifications it will either override or not display. I don't want to have to leave my sound on and modify every app to not make a sound or notify. 

0 Likes