Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone help me to finish setting up my A40 please

(Topic created on: 27-04-2020 10:26 AM)
purplejanet
First Poster
Options

There are three things that I cannot work out how to do on my new A40. Any help will be appreciated (as you can guess I am new here!) generally I can set up a mobile phone but .......

How can I extend the time that the phone rings before it goes into answerphone. I keep missing calls as it cuts into answerphone before I can reach the phone?

How can I set up contacts so that some have different notification tones?

Why will the phone not advise me of the need to run app updates despite being set to do so. I prefer not to have it set to do them automatically but wish it would tell me that they need doing?

Thank you in advance for any help that you can give me

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
m_h1
Samsung Helper
Options

Hello,  Will try answer those points as best I can, or at least what I know!

For your first point-

Type **61*321**00# on your keypad. This code will allow you to set how long your phone rings before it goes to your voicemail. Replace 00 in the code with the number of seconds you want your phone to ring. For all incoming calls, your phone will ring for the number of seconds you enter here, and then it will drop to voicemail.

• Your options here include 05, 10, 15, 20, 25, and 30 seconds.
  • For example, if you want your phone to ring for 15 seconds before it goes to voicemail, your keypad code should look like **61*321**15#.

For your 2nd point

Setting Custom Sounds for Your Contacts

To start, open the Messages app on your Galaxy, then select a chat that you want to stand apart. Click edit at the bottom, scroll down click view more and you can chnage the ringtone or vibration for each individual contact.

for your 3rd point,

Im not entirely sure what you have set up. Have you tried turning auto update off/on? Hold down the Play app button until a menu appears, app info and go to app settings and make sure notification are allowed. See if this works?

Hope its helpful,

:smiling-face:

purplejanet
First Poster
Options

Hello Thank you for helping me.

With regard to the answer delay. I seem to have lost voicemail now.

I tried the code that you suggested with 30 as the time. What happens now is that the phone just cuts off after 20 seconds without giving the caller the answerphone - so I don't quite understand what is happening but it is not what we had hoped - any other ideas?

With regard to the custom sounds for contacts, my reading of your advice is that I can only do it once a chat has been started not within my contacts as I could on my old phone so I will just have to do it as the relevant people contact me.

With regard to the update notifications I checked and yes Play App notifications are allowed. I have also turned off and back on again the setting for advising when updates are available.

Once again I do appreciate your help

0 Likes