Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICOMING CALL BARRING PASSWORD

(Topic created on: 30-04-2019 04:06 PM)
S8xxxs
Apprentice
Options

SInce 2018  .It is not possible to barr incoming calls . Samsung s7 , s8 ask for  password.. which neither samsung is aware of nor the service provider.

Can any one help please . It so much paud to call every time service provider to get or barr incomming calls .  

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17
Khanyisile24
First Poster
Options

Hi

I'm using A70 Samsung I have tried everything to unlock the call barring, but I cannot succeed. 

Please assist

0 Likes
SM-G570F
First Poster
Options

Hi

0 Likes
Abidkhan
Student
Options

@AndrewL wrote:

@S8xxxs: Are you wanting to block ALL incoming calls, or just specific numbers or contacts?

For general call blocking/barring options please open your Phone application > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Settings > More Settings > Call Barring > Voice Call > Activate your preferred options.

If you tap the 3 dots again in the top right you should see the option 'Change Password', however this does require you to know the old password. Default should be '1234' or '0000' however if you have purchased the phone second hand then you may wish to contact the vendor directly to enquire about any passwords they had in place. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you.

0 Likes
Abidkhan
Student
Options

0 Likes
HalaPhilip
Apprentice
Options

@Abidkhan wrote:

@AndrewL wrote:

@S8xxxs: Are you wanting to block ALL incoming calls, or just specific numbers or contacts?

For general call blocking/barring options please open your Phone application > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Settings > More Settings > Call Barring > Voice Call > Activate your preferred options.

If you tap the 3 dots again in the top right you should see the option 'Change Password', however this does require you to know the old password. Default should be '1234' or '0000' however if you have purchased the phone second hand then you may wish to contact the vendor directly to enquire about any passwords they had in place. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Unfortunately it's not. It's not 1234, it's not 0000, it's not 9999, it's not any of the dozens of suggestions I read on many other forums.

What's really strange is that neither Samsung nor the providers in any country has any idea about it. 

0 Likes
SfaAsf
First Poster
Options

Call barring is a service provided by the mobile operator.  I have a Samsung Galaxy S6  , model SM-G920F ,and the initial password is 0000. The phone is registered in the Vodafone network. Later,  this password can be changed or reset to the initial state, manually, or based on the reset codes received from the telephone operator.  Generally, the initial password or change / reset codes are posted publicly on the operator's website.
 But there is also the possibility to obtain the codes for change or reset by phone call to the call-center operator, or by email sent to the customer service.

0 Likes
HalaPhilip
Apprentice
Options

I have Galaxy not 9 and it's registered to Vodafone Egypt. 0000 password is not working, neither is 9999 nor 1234. I called the customers support and they had no idea what I was talking about. Also Samsung customers support didn't know anything about it.

0 Likes
Murtuja
First Poster
Options

Samsung grand prime please call berring password

0 Likes