30-12-2022 10:37 AM in
I've been through Samsung help and Smarty online chat to try to find out why when I access messages > 3 dots > more settings > text messages the only option i see is 'view messages on sim card' and no other options. On my s8+ (and according to Smarty help) there was the option to switch on/off delivery reports. Even when googling it seems to show the s+having the ability for reports yet mine seems to be missing completely. Any help please.
30-12-2022 04:56 PM in
Hi @Elly11 Should definitely have more options. Try clearing the Messaging app's cache, Go to Apps- Samsung Messages-Storage-Clear Cache and Data. check you have the latest firmware, it is not clear which device you are encountering this problem on,are you using a S8 Plus or another Device? on the S8 Plus an important update was rolled out in August G95xFXXUCDVG4 though general updates were discontinued in April 2021. More details here https://www.sammobile.com/news/samsung-important-update-discontinued-galaxy-s7-and-s8/
If not resolved would be advisable to wipe the cache partition by following steps:
1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.
Can also Repair apps from the same Recovery Menu.
I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.
My Device- S21 Ultra 5G ( SM-998B/DS ) CSC= BTU , 12GB/256GB
One Ui 5.1,Android 13 .