Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google not working

(Topic created on: a month ago)
TechnoLogic
Explorer
Options
Hello,

I was using Google on my phone when suddenly, the app exited and displayed a message stating that a recent update to WebView had caused Google to malfunction and prompted me to uninstall it. After reinstalling WebView, Google now consistently displays an error message whenever I perform a search. I have tried various WebView versions, including Beta, Dev, and Canary, to resolve the issue.

I am considering performing a factory reset on my Samsung S21U to address this problem. Additionally, I would like to know if creating a full backup of my data before the reset will allow me to restore the same data onto the reset phone.

I would greatly appreciate your guidance on this matter.

Thank you for your attention to this issue.

Best regards,

Oliver
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Robin999
Maestro
Options
I wouldn't create a full backup now, especially if the phone is playing up. That wouldn't achieve anything. Haven't you got another backup prior to when you started having this problem?

If not, then just factory reset. Install all your apps from scratch. Google contacts, photos etc will reappear as soon as you add your Google account back on your phone.

View solution in context

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
DanAhmed
Navigator
Options
Clear cache and data
Update apps
Check for system updates
Maybe go on Googles Support
Or try an alternative browser
0 Likes
TechnoLogic
Explorer
Options
All apps updated. Cache cleared. Nothing helped.
0 Likes
DanAhmed
Navigator
Options
To ensure that the issue is not caused by a third-party application, please attempt to boot your phone into safe mode.

Should the issue persist, it is recommended that you back up any critical data and perform a factory reset on the device.
0 Likes
TechnoLogic
Explorer
Options
Yes so when I create a backup o n my samsung account, will all the data stay?
0 Likes
DanAhmed
Navigator
Options
When you create a backup using your Samsung account, the following types of data will be backed up to Samsung Cloud:

Contacts: Stored in your Samsung account.Call logs: History of your incoming and outgoing calls.Messages: Text (SMS) and multimedia messages (MMS).Apps: Installed applications (but not their data).Home Screen: Layout of your home screen, including widgets.Settings: Device settings including Wi-Fi configurations, sound settings, etc.Photos and Videos: Media stored in your Gallery.Documents and Files: Various files stored on your device.

I guess you should watch a YouTube video in order to back up the data properly
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Check for any app updates in both stores.

Software updates including Google play updates.

Restart your phone.
0 Likes
TechnoLogic
Explorer
Options
I did that plenty of times. I wish it would work... I guess I have to factory reset the phone, right?
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Instead just Try resetting the settings only.
0 Likes
TechnoLogic
Explorer
Options
Will I be able to back them up?
0 Likes