Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google not working

(Topic created on: 27-05-2024 04:39 PM)
TechnoLogic
Explorer
Options
Hello,

I was using Google on my phone when suddenly, the app exited and displayed a message stating that a recent update to WebView had caused Google to malfunction and prompted me to uninstall it. After reinstalling WebView, Google now consistently displays an error message whenever I perform a search. I have tried various WebView versions, including Beta, Dev, and Canary, to resolve the issue.

I am considering performing a factory reset on my Samsung S21U to address this problem. Additionally, I would like to know if creating a full backup of my data before the reset will allow me to restore the same data onto the reset phone.

I would greatly appreciate your guidance on this matter.

Thank you for your attention to this issue.

Best regards,

Oliver
0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
DanAhmed
Navigator
Options
Clear cache and data
Update apps
Check for system updates
Maybe go on Googles Support
Or try an alternative browser
0 Likes
TechnoLogic
Explorer
Options
All apps updated. Cache cleared. Nothing helped.
0 Likes
DanAhmed
Navigator
Options
To ensure that the issue is not caused by a third-party application, please attempt to boot your phone into safe mode.

Should the issue persist, it is recommended that you back up any critical data and perform a factory reset on the device.
0 Likes
TechnoLogic
Explorer
Options
Yes so when I create a backup o n my samsung account, will all the data stay?
0 Likes
DanAhmed
Navigator
Options
When you create a backup using your Samsung account, the following types of data will be backed up to Samsung Cloud:

Contacts: Stored in your Samsung account.Call logs: History of your incoming and outgoing calls.Messages: Text (SMS) and multimedia messages (MMS).Apps: Installed applications (but not their data).Home Screen: Layout of your home screen, including widgets.Settings: Device settings including Wi-Fi configurations, sound settings, etc.Photos and Videos: Media stored in your Gallery.Documents and Files: Various files stored on your device.

I guess you should watch a YouTube video in order to back up the data properly
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Check for any app updates in both stores.

Software updates including Google play updates.

Restart your phone.
0 Likes
TechnoLogic
Explorer
Options
I did that plenty of times. I wish it would work... I guess I have to factory reset the phone, right?
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Instead just Try resetting the settings only.
0 Likes
TechnoLogic
Explorer
Options
Will I be able to back them up?
0 Likes