Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S6 won't charge - do Samsung still repair this model?

(Topic created on: 23-01-2021 07:35 PM)
debs_r
First Poster
Options

Hi all,

I've had my Galaxy S6 for about 5 years with no problems but last night it wouldn't charge at all. I've tried the reset tips but have had no luck in getting it to charge or turn on. I tried to book a Samsung Repair today but Galaxy S6 isn't an option on the site. Does anyone know if Samsung still repair the S6 and, if so, how do I book a repair?

I've tried asking on the live chat but it's been over an hour and I'm still waiting to be connected to an expert. I know we're pretty much all in lockdown at the minute but I'm desperate to get this fixed as I don't have a landline.

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give me :smiling-face:

Debs

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
buy a wireless charger from amazon and that should keep you going. Samsung are doing repairs but I don't think it will be as regular during to covid 19. I don't see why they couldn't repair it. I a. presuming it's the charging port that's gone. you could try another cable or charging plug, failing that get a wireless charger and that should work.
0 Likes
debs_r
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the reply Ash. The charger works on other samsung devices in the house so I think it's the battery in the phone that's having issues unfortunately.

0 Likes
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

hello @debs_r 

you may try:

-press and hold power + volume down keys for 10 seconds

or

-press and hold all the buttons on phone for 10 seconds

if persists, retry contacting below to arrange repair, if you're in the UK

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/ (click live chat)
Mon-Sun | 8am to 10pm
0333 000 0333

or 

https://samsungrepair.com/
08003 688 269
contact@samsungrepair.com

😉

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
@debs_r if its 5 years old the battery may have given up, its certainly worth trying a wireless charger if you can find one for under £10 as it could be the port that's broken, that's usually the first thing to go. If that doesn't work then it will be a new battery unfortunately 😕
0 Likes
debs_r
First Poster
Options

Thanks blueberry_cheesecake and AshS20 for your help!

Unfortunately the wireless charger didn't work and Samsung Repair have told me they no longer repair Galaxy S6's. I'm gutted as I'm now without a phone and I've lost all my photos and contacts.

I appreciate your help though! 😊

0 Likes