Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding and storing the user manual (in PDF format) for my new Galaxy A34 is a nightmare

(Topic created on: 16-05-2023 06:46 PM)
WobSleptHere
Pioneer
Options

I have just purchased a new Galaxy A34 256GB and want to download and view the user manual. The instruction leaflet tells me to scan the QR code to view it. As instructed I scanned the barcode on an existing other mobile device and yes, the screen comes up and shows me a page of the manual. The problem is that it does not appear to download the manual in PDF format (which I have for all my other devices) to enable me to save and store it for future viewing. But it won't do that as this "User Manual" will only display on the screen of the device that I scanned the QR code on. I tried to copy the downloaded "manual" that I was viewing from this device to elsewhere, but on every other device I copy the "manual" to it just tells me that I cannot view it as it's not in any format for viewing.

Going to the Find and download your Samsung product user manual PDF, guides or instructions page it tells me to
Enter your product model code
The leaflet enclosed with the phone says SM-A346B/DSN and I entered that. Unfortunately the chaos continues by telling me I have to select one of 8 codes looking like SM-A346BLGAEUB. I have no idea whatever which of the 8 listed codes I have to select as I cannot find any of them on the package that contains my product.

I've purchased a huge number of products from numerous manufacturers over many decades and downloaded hundreds of user manuals (in PDF format) for the products. I have never before been faced with this nightmare and chaos of not being able to download my user manual in a straightforward way to PDF.

When posting this message I notice there is a Associated Product Name field for me to complete and I attempted to add:
Galaxy A34 5G
but it tells me No matches, so what am I supposed to enter there?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Was the pdf downloaded?? I'd first look in the download folder. And then sort by date.
0 Likes
WobSleptHere
Pioneer
Options

What happened was:

1 On one of my other devices (not the A34), I scanned the QR code

2 The screen then displayed to me the manual for my A34. I could scroll through it to look at different pages in the normal way that you scroll through manuals

3 I closed the screen and went to my file manager and noted that a brand new file called USER MANUAL had been downloaded. The only strange thing about it was that the file name was just USER MANUAL and didn't have a .pdf (or any other) file extension after it. Every other manual I've ever downloaded in decades always has  had a file extension of .pdf why not this one?

4 So I clicked on the name of this downloaded file (in the same way I click on any file) and, unlike every other User Manual I've ever had, it did not indicate which of my PDF apps I wanted to use to open it. So the file didn't open. Since just before I had it open and could view it, that seemed very strange. OK, I thought maybe the .pdf extension needed to be added. After I did that it told me it wasn't a PDF file so couldn't be opened.

5 So my conclusion was that in order to view the manual every time I wanted to view it, I would have the scan the bar code again. I tried that a few times and, yes, another scan of the barcode would display the manual again, but only for a one-off view. To me that seems bizarre for Samsung to supply me only with a one-off viewing of my product manual by scanning barcode, but in no way can I save the file for viewing again. Why doesn't Samsung do what every other supplier does and save a copy of the manual in PDF form so I can read it again without going through the barcode scan pantomime each and every time?

Please advise how you suggest I can change the barcode scan to actually save the manual as a PDF file for future reading?

0 Likes
WobSleptHere
Pioneer
Options

In addition to my last post explaining the problems of downloading the user manual via the QR scan, can anyone explain how to overcome the other difficulty I encountered using the:
Find and download your Samsung product user manual PDF
system. This suggested 8 separate PDF files as my User Manual. Which one of the suggested 8 should I retain?

0 Likes
WobSleptHere
Pioneer
Options

No one came forward with a full solution to this crazy way of downloading and storing a manual for my A34. So I've just chosen at random one of the 8 separate PDF files that were displayed  against my A34 and keep my fingers crossed!

0 Likes