Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung galaxy s9 plus memory is always full

(Topic created on: 12-05-2023 11:32 PM)
JaY2DaIz0
First Poster
Options
My memory is always full even though iv got 128 gigs built-in memory and a 512 gigs memory card i can't work out why phone is always full  can anyone tell me why this could be otherwise im gonna reset my phone back to factory settings and start again and in device care it says no apps on my phone why is this 
5 REPLIES 5
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Have you tried clearing cache against each app individually?
Dhami
Student
Options
What's the size of the ram on your S9 plus, if its 8GB ram size make sure you have a enough space to make your handset run smoothly. It doesn't matter how much internal storage you have.
0 Likes
Dhami
Student
Options
Move your phone storage onto your SD card, and don't duplicate any items that will be pointless and will take up extra space. 128GB is more than enough for the S9 Plus. Depending on what storage you have, etc.

Thanks hope you manage to get your problem solved.
0 Likes
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
I would suggest checking your gallery settings and make sure it's set to use your SD card also check camera settings to make sure it's saving to your SD card. Some apps save files to your phone by default such as video clips etc which quickly fill up storage so it can help if you delete any files you don't need. To find the culprits noyou can look in your storage settings on your phone and you should be able to see how much storage is being used by each app. It might be worth formatting your SD card as it may have errors or could be faulty. On some phones you can format your memory card to be used by your phone to extend your internal storage but it will have an impact on the speed of your phone, I think it depends on which version of Android your using. You can get more info here. Hope this helps https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/using-an-sd-card/
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @JaY2DaIz0 

Look in your Battery and Device Care and tap on storage to look at what's taking up your storage to then consider deleting or if available moving items.

Delete items from your recycle bins. 

A good option is to Factory Reset after backing up to Samsung Cloud and any ither vaults you may use.

Remove your Sd card before Factory Reset is my advice too.

But before this try > Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too. 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes