Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Fairly Technical Query: How to find out the CSC code of firmware: Samsung Galaxy S8+, SM-G955F

(Topic created on: 11-04-2022 03:46 AM)
Atest
Apprentice
Options

Question:

I wonder if anyone can help please with this technical question or direct to the right support:

Would like to find out the installed CSC code/version (product code) of the firmware present on a Samsung Device that cannot be booted normally (as faulty) but the Download Mode and Recovery Mode are still available and accessible. Details at the bottom end of the Recovery Mode Menu do not indicate the CSC product code. Is there any way to ascertain the CSC version if the firmware build (PDA/AP versions) are known (since provided on the Recovery Mode menu). The Device in case is a Samsung Galaxy S8+ SM-G955F on Android OS 9. Also need to answer this same query for a Samsung Galaxy Note 7 (SM-N930F) on earlier Android OS version.

Secondly, is there a way to fix an issue where the Samsung devices stalls at boot-up splash screen? I need to retain all user data and also ensure that the CSC code on the device is not changed or alternatively, the same existing CSC code is flashed to the device.

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Hi, without access to the device in a running state, it is not possible to find the CSC. If you know the PDA/AP use the latest firmware available to flash your device. Don't worry about the CSC since flashing a device cannot change it.

As for your second question, you could try reflashing the device. Remember when using Odin to select HOME_CSC to retain your data.

Beyond that, there's not a lot more I can tell you since we are not allowed to discuss this topic here.

View solution in context

5 REPLIES 5
Solution
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Hi, without access to the device in a running state, it is not possible to find the CSC. If you know the PDA/AP use the latest firmware available to flash your device. Don't worry about the CSC since flashing a device cannot change it.

As for your second question, you could try reflashing the device. Remember when using Odin to select HOME_CSC to retain your data.

Beyond that, there's not a lot more I can tell you since we are not allowed to discuss this topic here.

Atest
Apprentice
Options

Thanks very much.

In order to preserve the existing user data, flashing the HOME_CSC does do the job. But I am aware of one occasion in which I flashed just the PDA/AP but did not also flash either the HOME_CSC or the CSC and all user data was wiped! That's why the question of which CSC to use came about.

Thanks again.

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You need to make sure to flash all the files to avoid issues
0 Likes
Flintstone
Voyager
Options
have a look at https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/galaxy-s8-plus/firmware/SM-G955F/DBT/ the last firmware update was in April 2021
i don't know in which country you live but for the UK change DBT to BTU ( just guessing, no guarantees)

same I hope for your other device
0 Likes
Atest
Apprentice
Options

Thanks 🙂

0 Likes