Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Can't Setup Two-Step Verification

(Topic created on: 07-04-2020 05:10 PM)
Kenneth-071
Navigator
Options

I've been trying for two days now to setup two-step verification on my Samsung account to no avail. What happened was I recently factory resetted my phone (Galaxy A71) and I'm trying to restore my data that was previously backed up to Samsung Cloud before the reset. The phone informs me that I must setup two-step verification in order to be able to restore the backed up data but when I try to do so, I get to the point where it says that the verification code has been sent to my phone via SMS, only problem is, I never actually receive any text message with the code.

No matter how many times I've tried, I just don't receive any message with the code via SMS. At this point, I'm beginning to wonder whether the SMS is even being sent at all despite what the UI is stating. I wonder this because WhatsApp didn't seem to have any trouble verifying my phone via SMS when I was re-installing my apps and setting them up. I don't seem to be the only person that is experiencing this issue either, lots of topics on here tells of many others not receiving their SMS also.

To me, this is clearly an issue on your end, either with your software, servers or both. Come on! it shouldn't be this frustrating to utilize Samsung's services.

I feel as though this issue could have been prevented if SMS wasn't the sole option for completing the two-step verification process. Why are there no other options for this, such as a QR code that one can scan with an authenticator app and pair it with the account to receive codes that way instead? Putting all your eggs in the SMS basket is foolish IMO.

Anyway, It would be greatly appreciated if anyone can provide a solution to this problem. I've already tried the suggestions from other topics, but to no avail sadly.

Go to solution
99 REPLIES 99
MarkB77
Apprentice
Options

Did they remove Samsung Cloud from the Galaxy App Store? It's no longer listed there for me. I've had to manually update it through APKMIrror, after I noticed it was no longer updating since January. That's where this whole frustration began for me. It would randomly sync to Samsung Cloud like every few days to a week. And Samsung's response is to keep "copying and pasting" their repetitive solutions to me, and I keep telling them I've tried that with no solution. You have no idea how many times I've been told to "Reset Samsung Cloud" or send them my dumpstate log file to them. They never actually answer any of my questions. Frustrating as hell!

0 Likes
Alkouh
First Poster
Options

I'm using note 9 and waiting for the note 20 ultra!  But I have another thinking to change to the new iPhone of course they don't have such problems 

0 Likes
Alkouh
First Poster
Options

Samsung team are far away of this community. They don't read any posts 

0 Likes
Je655
Helping Hand
Options

Have you done your research on iphones? search google for iphone 11 issues and you will find out there just as bad or worse. And thats just the glitches. 

Just one of many Web sources:

"iPhone 11 Problems

If you’re having issues activating your new iPhone 11, check Apple’s System Status page. If it’s not showing green, you’ll want to wait until it’s green and then try activating the phone again.

If it’s green and it’s still not working, make sure you have a SIM card inserted in your iPhone. If you’re receiving a “No Sim” or “Invalid SIM” error, you’ll want to head to this guide for assistance.

Some iPhone 11 users are complaining about iCloud Restore issues. This is another common problem with new iPhones. If you run into issues restoring from iCloud, head here for some potential fixes."

0 Likes
Alkouh
First Poster
Options

At least it's worth! I'll be an iPhone holder 

But a samsung oner and also technical issues  ! With no responding from the company at all

I paid a good amount of money for newest note in that time with half Tera yellow pen not to face such issue

0 Likes
Je655
Helping Hand
Options

Well good luck to you if you do decide on an iphone, just make sure you actually research the device you want to see if anyone has reported issue you would like to advoid. Have you actually contacted Samsung support for your issue? Samsung support is available almost every day

Live chat:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/livechat/

Phone 

Call us

0333 000 0333

Smartphone support | Mon-Sun | 8am to 8pm
All Products support | Mon-Sun | 8am to 8pm

You should contact them directly for your issue if you haven't recieved a response.

0 Likes
Alkouh
First Poster
Options

The fact is I see no smart phone better than galaxy, but this issue and the careless am facing make me angry 

Support group said they available for business customers only they transferred my to a dummy robot chat which is useless 

0 Likes
MarkB77
Apprentice
Options

Can anyone tell me if Samsung Cloud has been removed from Galaxy App Store? It is no longer listed for me there and it doesn’t even show up under My apps. I've had to search for it and manually update it through APKMIrror, after I noticed it was no longer updating since January and would randomly auto sync to Samsung Cloud every few days to a week. Samsung’s response to me was “Autobackup issue was fixed in the latest version of Samsung Cloud, 4.3.x. Please update Samsung Cloud app to the latest version” with no link or description provided by them to do so.

I previously had version 4.0.03.12, uninstalled the update and reverted back to version 3.8.00.4 to see if that helped with random syncing and to see if it would reshow up on Galaxy Store as an update, but didn’t, and it would still say “The latest version is already installed” no matter what older version of Samsung Cloud I use.

I’ve had several responses from Samsung that keep "copying and pasting" the same old repetitive solutions to me, and I keep telling them I've tried that with no solution. You have no idea how many times I've been told to "Reset Samsung Cloud" or send them my dumpstate log file to them. 

I’m surprised there hasn’t been more reported issues with Samsung Cloud and the 2-Step Verification process. I honestly thought it was just me.

What the hell is going on with Samsung recently? It seems like they’ve been going downhill since Android 9.0 back in 2019. Never had this much issues before. And their support is just f***ing terrible. 

0 Likes
Je655
Helping Hand
Options

Well i believe your able to reach a person by calling, hopefully that hasn't changed. And every phone has issues or problems no technology is perfect at this point, Samsung, google, lg, one plus and apple all make decent phones but its best to research any device your interested in before making a decision.

0 Likes
sirjer
Student
Options

Well, finally got it to work.

I've been trying it every day now for about two weeks. Suddenly I received a code and was able to set it up. Of course, the very next time I had to do this again, it wouldn't work. Luckily I had a backup code to use. Then I setup to use the authenticator app, now I don't have to deal with this anymore.

I contacted Samusung 3 times, they never helped. Each time I was told they would get back to me. They never did. Crappy service so far. I hope I don't have any hardware issues, I bet they're service is total *****.

0 Likes