Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Can't Setup Two-Step Verification

(Topic created on: 20-06-2020 01:03 AM)
Kenneth-071
Navigator
Options

I've been trying for two days now to setup two-step verification on my Samsung account to no avail. What happened was I recently factory resetted my phone (Galaxy A71) and I'm trying to restore my data that was previously backed up to Samsung Cloud before the reset. The phone informs me that I must setup two-step verification in order to be able to restore the backed up data but when I try to do so, I get to the point where it says that the verification code has been sent to my phone via SMS, only problem is, I never actually receive any text message with the code.

No matter how many times I've tried, I just don't receive any message with the code via SMS. At this point, I'm beginning to wonder whether the SMS is even being sent at all despite what the UI is stating. I wonder this because WhatsApp didn't seem to have any trouble verifying my phone via SMS when I was re-installing my apps and setting them up. I don't seem to be the only person that is experiencing this issue either, lots of topics on here tells of many others not receiving their SMS also.

To me, this is clearly an issue on your end, either with your software, servers or both. Come on! it shouldn't be this frustrating to utilize Samsung's services.

I feel as though this issue could have been prevented if SMS wasn't the sole option for completing the two-step verification process. Why are there no other options for this, such as a QR code that one can scan with an authenticator app and pair it with the account to receive codes that way instead? Putting all your eggs in the SMS basket is foolish IMO.

Anyway, It would be greatly appreciated if anyone can provide a solution to this problem. I've already tried the suggestions from other topics, but to no avail sadly.

99 REPLIES 99
Gam9
First Poster
Options

THIS WORKS!!

The solution posted by Baysider using backup codes work! Thank you so much! Now I just need to note down which backup codes I've used. Thank you, thank you!! :heavy-black-heart:

Kenneth-071
Navigator
Options
Unfortunately kalmian's solution, didn't work for me. I don't believe that my issue stems from a setting on my phone or an issue on Samsung's end but rather with my current carrier and the way their message center is configured. I've been trying to get them to resolve the issue for almost a month now, and have decided to switch back to my old carrier where everything just worked, should have never switched TBH, Digicel has been very disappointing in this regard.
0 Likes
Baysider
Navigator
Options

Hey everyone. The Authy App solution posted by @leexgx  3 weeks ago works perfectly. The app can be found here: https://authy.com/ 
Here's a screenshot of the solution @leexgx  provided. 
authy.JPG

Adejoju
First Poster
Options

I did not get the verification code on my S9+ please help 

0 Likes
samxsungfixthis
First Poster
Options
Thank you, works like a charm you my friend saved me some headache.
kingjane
First Poster
Options

It just does not send the verification code to my phone. I can't sign in!

0 Likes
Baysider
Navigator
Options

@kingjane  @Adejoju  Have you logged in on a computer and checked your number is entered correctly in your account? As long as you have your number entered correctly in your account, you will receive the code. I found that it works with country code and the first 0 of the number dropped, and also works with the country code and the first zero left in. It doesn't work with no country code. 

0 Likes
deejo
Apprentice
Options

this did not work for me maybe I skipped a step?

0 Likes
deejo
Apprentice
Options

Nvm it worked thank you! It was all in the settings 

ShukaHusk
First Poster
Options

Where is the security pane? Can't find it on the desktop site. A new owner is getting the phone soon and I NEED to get my data transferred. 

0 Likes