Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery life

(Topic created on: 15-02-2024 04:10 PM)
steven87hull
Apprentice
Options
I had recently done a diagnostic test for my battery and it said weak, so I went and got it replaced with a new one from a phone shop in the city centre, went and checked the status and it still says weak. Am I guessing it should have changed back to good or whatever for a new battery? 
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Robin999
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You'd of thought they'd of done a diagnostic on the new battery before handing the phone back. Which store was it? Presumably you've given it a proper full charge as you would with any new phone.

You could try wiping the cache partition to see if that helps.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/
0 Likes
steven87hull
Apprentice
Options
It was just a regular phone repair shop on the street recommended to me but a member of staff at ee. Full charge yes, cleared the cache but still comes up as weak battery life
0 Likes
Robin999
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Apart from the diagnostic reporting back as weak, any adverse effects wiith the battery like slow charging, fast discharge, or getting hot. Any guarantee offered with the battery? What phone is it btw as It may not be worth getting the battery replaced thru an official Samsung service centre (I don't trust high street phone repair shops). It may be more cost effective to just buy another phone.
0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Is your new battery a Samsung one or an after market one?

Could be your device isn't recognising it properly?
0 Likes
steven87hull
Apprentice
Options
The battery does go down quicker than it used to now when in use. It's a s20 fe 5g and I've had it 3 years but I don't have home broadband so used to tether it to my devices with it been unlimited. I just looked at the option to upgrade, for the sake of £7/£8 extra a month I can get the s23 fe 5g
0 Likes
Robin999
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Do it...😀
0 Likes
steven87hull
Apprentice
Options
The guy who did it said it was a genuine Samsung battery, charged me £50 for it and to change it over. You can never be sure with these repair shops though i think but the price for Samsung to do it was ridiculous prices
0 Likes
steven87hull
Apprentice
Options
I think I probably will but also get myself a wireless 5g device I can put my sim into when tethering the Internet so I don't use my new phone battery up
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

If this was my phone I definitely would return to the shop to ask for support @steven87hull 

Unfortunately now as work has been carried out by a non authorised Samsung repair engineer they wouldn't be able to help as the warranty,  if any remained , is nkw voided. 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate to ask.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes