Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi calling on Vodafone UK

(Topic created on: 31-01-2021 07:31 PM)
Philbr58
Navigator
Options
Has anyone got this working yet? We have two new phones and neither shows WiFi calling in the phone app settings. S21 Ultra direct from Samsung and S21+ from Vodafone. 
45 REPLIES 45
DK87S21U
Apprentice
Options
wifi calling option

Screenshot_20210131-121302_One UI Home.jpg

Philbr58
Navigator
Options
Trained vodamonkey says 'there are no manual changes that can be made as can be done by the manufacturer only'. Losing the will to live.
Philbr58
Navigator
Options
Finally! After 2 hours on the 'My Vodafone' chat thing, one of the 'technical team' has sent the necessary configuration messages to both phones and they both now have WiFi calling! Thanks to everyone on here. Be persistent.
BorGaS
Journeyman
Options
Hi Phil - what magic words did you use? I've chatted with them multiple times and they tell me the phone is not supported. Really annoying!
0 Likes
Philbr58
Navigator
Options
Ask to talk to someone from the technical team. Get ready to spend a long time. You somehow need to get them to send the configuration message to your phone. Don't let them go until they have done it. You won't see a message arriving but the WiFi calling option will miraculously appear in the pull down quick settings tiles. Alternatively in the phone app settings (where it should have been in the first place!). I don't know which magic words did the trick but I wound the first (non techie) monkey up so much that he passed me over to a techie. I switched my sarcasm mode to the max and asked if I needed to send the phones back as they were useless to us. I told them they should withdraw the S21 series from sale! He went quiet for a while before connecting me to the techie. Even then I had to go through stuff I had already tried, including the 'CALLING' text. Be VERY persistent and they can fix it.
BorGaS
Journeyman
Options
Just to confirm this worked for me too. Told them I had a s20 Ultra, asked them to transfer to the technical team. They've changed something in their backend and the WiFi call options appeared instantly.

Screenshot_20210131-153409_My Vodafone_7039.jpg

0 Likes
BorGaS
Journeyman
Options
Thanks Phil. Yes I spent hours on text with them over the last two days going through all those options. In the end got it fixed by telling them I had an s20 Ultra instead of the s21 ultra. Thanks for everyone's helps!
GreenJacket
Apprentice
Options
SOLVED - I called 191 and the guy said he was sending out the settings, restarted my phone and the WiFi Calling setting appeared and as you can see from the top of the screenshot is active.

Screenshot_20210131-173424_Call settings_85287.jpg

0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

i just got it activated on Vodafone, just persist and get them to transfer to the technical team and they will do it

he tried serveral diffeent things but its worked.

I told them i had a s21 Ultra and they was able to activate it, its more of a case of if they want to i guess

0 Likes
Cabamaru
First Poster
Options
could you share that link please?
0 Likes