Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi button isn't working!

(Topic created on: a month ago)
jaz0874
Apprentice
Options
So I haven't had a problem at all with my WiFi..but all of a sudden today, my WiFi button has been turning itself on and off..I didn't think much of it until the WiFi button decided to stop working completely?!? It just won't turn on..I've tried loads of things to help this and I just feel like I'm now at a lost cause 😭 anyone have any advice? In the picture I have provided, it says its turning on, but it stays like this and then turns off 😭

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
Robin999
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hi, and welcome to the UK community

Boot to Safe Mode and turn on WiFi

To get to Safe Mode - Long press Power button, long press Power off icon, tap Safe mode icon. (When booted into Safe mode you may need to turn off flight mode as it sometimes enables itself). Monitor your devices behaviour. If the issue is fixed then you know it's one of your 3rd party apps or customisations that were the culprit. It's then up to you to determine which one by a process of elimination.

https://www.samsung.com/ph/support/mobile-devices/how-to-use-safe-mode-on-samsung-galaxy-device/

https://www.samsung.com/ie/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/

Also try a hard reset

With the device powered up, Hold the Volume down button and Power button simultaneously for 10 seconds. The screen will go off. Continue to hold buttons until the device vibrates and the Samsung logo appears. Release buttons. Device will reboot. Once done, please check if the issue is resolved.
0 Likes
jaz0874
Apprentice
Options
It didn't work unfortunately 😞
0 Likes
Robin999
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Can you try resetting your wifi settings

Settings>general management>reset>reset wifi and Bluetooth settings
0 Likes
jaz0874
Apprentice
Options
Also hasn't worked 😭
0 Likes
Robin999
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Anything happened recently to coincide with this behaviour? An update? New software app? Changed some settings? Set up some modes or routines? Been using flight mode?
0 Likes
jaz0874
Apprentice
Options
None that I know of...I noticed that I was due for a new update, but that was after this started happening 😩 I thought maybe the update might get it back up and running but unfortunately not..I have absolutely no idea why it's started doing this.. I'm just hoping it will sort itself out 😅 it's currently 10pm here so I'm praying it will be back up in the morning..I will give an update then..thank you for trying to help, highly appreciated!
Robin999
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Thanks. Hopefully, it'll sort itself out, but if not, then consider reaching out to Samsung via your Samsung members app. Head to the Support section and tap on Error Reports.

Noticed the red dot indicator next to 3 dots. What's that all about? Tap the 3 dots and check.
0 Likes
jaz0874
Apprentice
Options
Morning! Unfortunately it's still exactly the same 😩 I have reported it but no reply just yet.. the red dot doesn't seem to be there anymore..I have no idea..
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@jaz0874: Please try heading to Settings > Connections > Wi-Fi > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Intelligent Wi-Fi > Turn Wi-Fi on/off automatically, and toggle this option off if it's active. 

Tap the Back button > Tap the 3 dots in the top right once again > Advanced settings > Wi-Fi on/off history. Are any apps listed here that might account for your current issue?

0 Likes