Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi Wrongly Displaying "Incorrect password"

(Topic created on: 05-07-2023 10:35 PM)
PhoneHelperUK
Pioneer
Options
Hi All.

Bit of a weird one, this.

My phone and an S22 Ultra which are both connected to the same WiFi network, and have both worked for over a year now, are beginning to say "Incorrect password" whenever I connect to the network.

Simply, this is surely because of a mistyped password? Well, it cannot be, as the password has not changed since I put it in, and since it has worked for a year, this has to be the nearest "cover up" message for a more major issue.

No other devices on the WiFi have this problem. There are three other Samsung devices (Note3, A5, S20 FE) and all have no problems. Not a problem with the WiFi itself.

Done the basic things - restarted the phone, removed all known WiFi networks, turned off intelligent features etc etc.

Issue still occurs.

At all costs possible, I would like to avoid performing a factory reset. It's a complicated process and will use up a weekend, which may lead to no fix.

Any advice?

Many thanks!
0 Likes
20 REPLIES 20
AkNick
Apprentice
Options

So I contacted Samsung they told me to run a cache clear. Turn off phone, hold the volume up and power down until the Samsung logo appears then continue to hold the volume up. Scroll down and clear cache partition and after that's done run the repair apps option. I'll see if that does anything.