Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why I cannot play videos in YouTube more than 1080p with Samsung S21 ??????

(Topic created on: 05-02-2021 08:48 PM)
TheEyes
Pioneer
Options
I contacted Samsung support and they have no idea about that my phone can't change resolution and also cannot play videos in YouTube more than 1080p. Anyone have this problem or any idea how to fix that or imagine this phone doesn't support that I will trow it from the window my old S6 can play better quality than this
19 REPLIES 19
GalaxyAsh
Voyager
Options
the S21 Ultra supports up to 3200 x 1440, and an S21/S21+ supports a max resolution of FHD+ 2400 x 1080 , as far as I know.

Screenshot_20210205-211658_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
TheEyes
Pioneer
Options
and S20 support 3200 x 1440... omg I'm sending this phone back I can't believe.
0 Likes
TheEyes
Pioneer
Options
Imagine S6 can play videos with 1440p and S21 can play only 1080p in youtube that's 10 years old quality lol
0 Likes
GalaxyAsh
Voyager
Options
I know, it's ridiculous, it is one of their "coat cutting measures" but this is the last thing they should of removed, high end quality displays are what Samsung are known for.
0 Likes
TheEyes
Pioneer
Options
If I cannot use more than 1080p in youtube this phone is complete trash ... any 3-4 years old phone can play 1440p
0 Likes
GalaxyAsh
Voyager
Options
I know it's annoying and probably feels like a backwards step, but you should try and accept it, a majority of the time you won't notice a "huge" difference. other than that the S21/S21+ are still great phones. give it a few days and see how you feel about it. I rarely use it myself, I've been using Adaptive 120hz FHD+ on my S21 Ultra for around 80% of the week I've had it. mainly because I only came from S20 Ultra and had 60hz FHD+ set on that constantly, but also because I don't notice a huge difference. Of course it's completely your choice, but don't let that one thing ruin it for you.
0 Likes
TheEyes
Pioneer
Options
I don't think u have any idea about the difference between 1080p and 1440p.. this is not downgrade.. this is scam. How can u sell in 2021 something lower than 4 years old phone I'm watching both now guess which one has better quality on video. Anyone who has basic skills in video quality know the difference. Only the the cheapest phones also A versions on Samsung have this low quality.. this is not downgrade its a scam. Do not buy this phone. This is version A Samsung with the name of S. for double price. Why do u think they remove the option in the menu to change the resolution ? Simply because people will see its lower than the old ones. Cheap overpriced phone not worth 900 euro u buy exactly The same A version which cost 400. I cannot believe I'm sending this low resolution 4 years old quality screen phone back 900 euro imagine .. reselling old parts for double price.
0 Likes
Bradleigh
Voyager
Options
mine plays 1440 fine & 4k hdr...
brettz
Navigator
Options
youtube had been capping resolution over the pandemic i can only view videos in 720p .. UK
0 Likes