Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updates

(Topic created on: 23-07-2023 10:01 AM)
Rickwp
Journeyman
Options
Why is it when every time i update this rubbish phone I am no longer able to Internet call through my home broadband???? I have to contact my broadband provider and go through loads of hassle trying to get ot to work again ????
I'm sick of it and if it does it one more time I will be buying an apple phone and putting this phone in the bin !!!!!!!!
21 REPLIES 21
Rickwp
Journeyman
Options
I've got a sky sim card And sky broadband ! It's the same every time a get notification to do a systems apdate from Samsung ! And once I've done it wifi calling stops working.
0 Likes
nathanw15
Explorer
Options
Oh just enable wifi calling every time you get an update
0 Likes
Rickwp
Journeyman
Options
Your not getting are you ????
Wifi calling is on and hasn't been turned off !!!!! After system update it stops working !!!!!!!
0 Likes
Rickwp
Journeyman
Options
I've had to contact my broadband provider and they reset my line and I had to reset the phone ! Now it's working , I shouldn't need to go through this hassle
Babishko
Big Cheese
Options
You must literally DREAD every new software update dropping on to your phone @Rickwp. I could not put up with that level of stress on a regular basis. Have you tried using a friends or family members WiFi (as long as it isn't Sky) when this pain of a problem occurs?.
Rickwp
Journeyman
Options
Yeah it's not good just for an update ,I've now turned off auto update but I'm right out in the sticks and it was sky that got it sorted out for me , I've got sky TV, mobile and broadband , they are the best I've found yet for out here 👍
swills9
Voyager
Options
Sounds more like a Sky issue than the phone, I had a 20 and 22, never had any WiFi calling problems after updates.
0 Likes
Babishko
Big Cheese
Options
The one consolation is that if Sky can sort the problem out for you at their end then there is some light at the end of the dark tunnel when the issue occurs. Did you also say that you need to do a full factory reset every time all this happens?.
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Ditch sky . Get Vodafone or even community fibre if it's available 😁.

Whose your mobile network provider?

And how is sky fixing your issue?
Scoobs222
Voyager
Options
Get rid of it, most samsung phones after two years turn to rubbish! Google planned obsolescence. They got fined millions for this underhanded scam.
0 Likes