Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update process

(Topic created on: 16-02-2021 03:26 AM)
Steve126
Journeyman
Options
Hi, I have seen quite a few posts about an available update (a few updates this month even) but my device is still showing last updated 29th Jan.

I know different carriers seem to add additional delays, but it seems odd that I've not had any updates yet. Once I hit 6 months I can get EE to unlock the phone, would that free me of carrier delays to updates?

Sorry, just coming back over to android after a long time so the update side of things is new to me. Thanks 
Go to solution
23 REPLIES 23
Skybiz
Pathfinder
Options
Thanks ironass for all the information that you have provided and your time in doing so. when I bought my previous phone , OnePlus 5T, I bought it direct from OnePlus therefore CSC code would have been stock unbranded, therefore no bloatware.
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

That all changed with OnePlus after the release of the 6T model which has a T-Mobile (USA) variant running a carrier branded, ersatz, firmware which has received half the updates of the global model. 

Once U.S. carriers get their hands on a phone they screw it up with all their demands... like removing dual SIM from their models, adding loads of bloatware and locking down the bootloaders. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
Steve126
Journeyman
Options
I got the update through today
0 Likes
Skybiz
Pathfinder
Options
I got AUB9 update through yesterday
0 Likes