Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking stopped working

(Topic created on: 15-06-2023 09:46 AM)
Bootboy47
Apprentice
Options

I use Outdoor Map Navigator for recording tracks when working.  This worked fine until a few weeks ago.  Now it stops recording the track when the screensaver kicks in.  Any ideas how to solve this problem please?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
I suspect the app goes into power saving mode by stopping background activity when the screen locks, similar can happen with other apps such as Spotify etc. You can go into settings, Battery & Device Care, then select Battery. Then turn off battery saving. Hopefully that will sort it out for you but it will affect battery life.
0 Likes
Bootboy47
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the suggestion however I have already done this without success. I also changed the setting for the app to Never Sleeping without success. I have tried reinstalling. I have contacted OMN and they don’t know why it is happening so suggested I ask Samsung Community.

0 Likes
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
That sounds like a tricky one. I would imagine there will be a setting somewhere either in the app or on the phone. Have you looked at notification settings, lock screen notifications? Check the settings beside show content and ensure its switched on for your app? Another one to rule out
0 Likes
Bootboy47
Apprentice
Options

Thanks. App notification was ON. Lock screen was ON for notification but OFF for content, which I prefer. However I have changed it to ON for content. I will report back with findings. Thanks for your help.

Bootboy47
Apprentice
Options

Still not working!

0 Likes
Members_PY30yYM
First Poster
Options

Weird, All of a sudden it is working again!  Maybe a Samsung update cured  the problem it had previously caused?

0 Likes