Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Theme 999 error no online fix found

(Topic created on: 26-01-2021 09:32 PM)
satsau
First Poster
Options

I was hoping someone might have some suggestions on fixing a -999 error I'm receiving when I try and download a theme on my s9.  This has been going on for about 10 months.  I can see all the themes in the store and it appears that the themes are being downloaded when selected but the -999 error appears after the "completing download" message appears.  On a related note, Dynamic Lock screen images also will not download.  Installation hangs after it appears the download is complete.

Fixes I've tried include:

1. Restart phone
  2. turn off accessibility option, load store content, change to default theme, sign out of samsung account, clear cache
  3. Uninstall updates theme updates - this one was interesting because it won't hold.  Can't stop the theme app from reverting back instantly to the current version
  4. Last few updates for the phone don't seem to have changed anything
  5. Rebooted phone in safe mode to try and fix it

I'd like to avoid doing a factory reset on the phone because the last time I was forced to do that, this problem started.  It also took me weeks to get everything back up and running.

Does the Theme app rely on another app for managing downloads and maybe that one is corrupt?

Thanks

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You've tried a lot of things. Not sure if there is anything new to you https://www.guidingtech.com/fix-samsung-themes-not-working-issue/
0 Likes
Angela030
Student
Options

¿did you find any solution? Also happens to me.

0 Likes