Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GALAXY S10 infected with malware embedded inside Google play services

(Topic created on: 09-06-2023 05:18 PM)
SinLondon
Apprentice
Options
Can anyone help I tried factory reset several times safe mode, deleted all my accounts, disabled everything but all didn't work.... I have people stalking me.... the only option I found online was to flash it .... does anyone have any different ideas?? Much appreciated!!
8 REPLIES 8
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
How do know your phone is infected??
Slothtamerv2
Navigator
Options
try the Samsung galaxy device care in the settings it should let you know if you are infected. Being stalked is for the police to deal with not samsung
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@SinLondon Have you had specific signs of malware, was there a noteable difference in speed,was this detected on your device?   some pinpointers here https://insights.samsung.com/2021/04/20/how-do-i-know-if-my-smartphone-is-infected-with-malware-2/ 

some information on cyber stalking here https://www.thecyberhelpline.com/guides/cyber-stalking 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
SinLondon
Apprentice
Options
Hello, thanks for your reply... I know it's infected because it's running on the baground even when I stop it on running services it keeps popping up (standalonekeepalive$keppaliveservices, and com.foogle.androd.gms.presistant are some of the running that wont stop... secondly it's using a lot of my data and battery
0 Likes
SinLondon
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for replying yes battery use and data after I checked the baground running service I noticed some are known malware like (com.google.android.gms.presistant, standalonekeepalive$aliveservice) I tried to stop them but they keep popping up when I disable Google services my phone works fine but I can't use most of my apps because I have to enable it to use them
Thanks for the link!
AndrewL
Options

@SinLondon: If you head to Settings > Battery and device care > Device protection > Scan phone, does this flag Google Play Services as a source of malware or suspicious activity? 

SinLondon
Apprentice
Options
Thanks again....I already did all that and some more...even changed my sim but no luck ... as soon as I disable play services the problem goes away... I found one person who has the same issue on goggle and his solution was to flash .... I was looking for other options!! Thanks anyway
0 Likes
Dia5
Journeyman
Options

Same problem with Note 20 Ultra 5G, I got data breach from com.google.android.gms (google play services). 

0 Likes