Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOUTH AFRICAN (XFA) S21 GALAXY ULTRA STUCK ON EUX CSC CODE AND SAMSUNG PAY AND MEMBERS DOES NOT WORK

(Topic created on: 09-03-2021 12:15 AM)
hmprincehenry
Apprentice
Options

I bought a samsung s21 ultra online in South Africa, did the setup and all worked well with Service Provider software being SAOMC_SM-G-998B_OXM_XFA_RR_0010 XFA/XFA,XFA/XFA/XFA. Immediately a day after i received an update then i updated the phone, and decided to do a factory reset, now its SAOMC_SM-G-998B_OXM_EUX_RR_0004 EUX/EUX,EUX/XFA/XFA.

I tried to downgrade install a January patch to see if it will receive the update nothing, tried factory resseting, nothing, tried sim turning off wifi trick nothing. My samsung pay and members dont work anymore, i get an error in germany when i open my pay application and members gives me an error that its not supported in this country but at first everything worked well.

please help

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16
Archer_Legend
Voyager
Options

ehm, from what I understand it is a physical south african store, and from what I understand like in my country you have the 2 weeks return policy which should be like mine (in theory in my country I can return the device also because I do not like it or I changed my mind).

HOWEVER the problem in your case is different: you are not returning the device for no reason. The device clearly has had an out of the box problem you realised only now but they also sold you a device which was not for the African market, may you send me the screenshot of the product page? If they sold you the device as African when it is european they are declaring the false and that is technically infringing the rule (at least in my country) so you have another strong reason for why they must accept the refund.

Please link the product page of the device.

Meawhile I will check how the African CSC is and if it is correct for it to contain EUX

Archer
Archer_Legend
Voyager
Options

may you also send me a screnshot of the device info under setting?

Archer
Archer_Legend
Voyager
Options

Ok, so the IMEI marks it as south african so the argument 2 is out of question.

However argument 1 is still valid and you should try to go for the refurnd policy

Archer
hmprincehenry
Apprentice
Options

Screenshot_20210310-103106_Settings.jpg

 This is the info you looking for?

0 Likes
hmprincehenry
Apprentice
Options

Agreed 100%, let me see how far i can go 

0 Likes
hmprincehenry
Apprentice
Options

20210310_103844.jpg

This was the original CSC

0 Likes
Archer_Legend
Voyager
Options

Yes the orginal CSC was african 100 per cent.

This is what I would advise you: install the latest software for your country and carrier via the methods you already used. Backup your data and when installing it use the option to erase all your data with the software install.

After that boot the device with your sim inserted and see if the CSC alligns back to the oiginal one. If it does not bring it back to the store, explain the issue and say it has been there since the start and that the policy of the store as you have looked it up online and the law allow you to exercitate the right to return the device and get a full refund.

Archer