Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Snapdragon 888

(Topic created on: 30-04-2021 09:51 PM)
Jaskey
Apprentice
Options
Can I use a s21 ultra with a snapdragon 888 processor with out issues in the uk .
10 REPLIES 10
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Yes you can.
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Be aware it will not have a UK warranty.
0 Likes
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
It depends also if you have bought the US market or Asian Market variant of the SD888 ultra phone.

If you want to use 5G bands and voLTE you might find you have some problems with a non-UK phone.

I could be wrong but I believe the US bands for 5G are different.
- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I purchased my Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G from WondaMobile because I wanted the Snapdragon Soc instead of the Exynos soc that Samsung UK supply.

WondaMobile is a trusted site I prefer to use and have good reviews on TrustPilot.

No import fee's and they supply the Hong Kong variant.

I sent the N20 Ultra 5G Exynos back to Samsung UK for a refund. 

The difference in my opinion is night and day in regards to the two different phone's especially with how better the Snapdragon version is at optimisation.

I've had no issues @Jaskey with this phone ( touch wood ) at all.

It holds onto signal better too.

However as I'm on UK Payg type accounts I've been unable to see if 5G works. Some on xdadevelopers.com say it does.

You'd need to check what 5G bands and frequencies your network uses to that of what the phone supports.

As far as I'm aware all other calling features work as they should, however I don't think voLTE does.

The Samsung Keyboard is slightly laid out differently,  but a person can use a downloadable option if preffered.

I use Vodafone and o2.

I also use Google Pay without issues as I don't use Samsung Pay. Samsung Pay may not work.

The phone receives software and security patche updates as normal.

eSims are not currently supported.

As for warranty it's true that Samsung Uk may decline support but I've yet to test this out, although hopefully I don't have to as the phone is still going strong.

That said if I did and my local Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre declined support then WondaMobile apply their own 12 month warranty, and arrange to collect the phone.

I also have my phone's covered under my Home Contents Insurance.

The phone came sealed and fully unlocked to all networks, with no region lock applied either.

Hope that helps but if you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask.  :smiling-face:

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Jaskey
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for the reply very helpful
Jaskey
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for the reply
ynneL
Troubleshooter
Options
For 5G in the UK the device will need to support N78 for the 3400 mhz high band or N28 for the 700mhz low band
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

5G compatibility for Snapdragon models in U.K.

G99*W   Canada   No Bands N78 or N28   (Not compatible)

G99*0/8   China/Hong Kong/Japan   No Band 28 (Partially compatible)

G99*U/1   USA models   No Bands N78 or N28   (Not compatible)

See... https://www.techwalls.com/samsung-galaxy-s21-ultra-sm-g998-model-number-differences/

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes
Mr_Kumar
Explorer
Options
I have the SM G9910 /(US / China version, Snapdragon, and it works perfectly in the UK. No warranty from UK tho.
0 Likes