Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep mode not turning off if phone was off at scheduled end time

(Topic created on: 24-11-2022 11:45 AM)
StevenR
Explorer
Options
The new sleep mode in Android 13 / One UI 5.0 doesn't turn off if my phone was turned off at the scheduled end time.

For example:

Sleep mode set to turn ON at 23:00 and OFF at 07:50 the following day. I turn my phone off overnight, and if I don't turn it on until 08:00, the sleep mode is still ON and never turns off unless I turn it off manually.

What should happen is it should realise that at 08:00, sleep mode should be OFF and then it should be turned off. I shouldn't have to do this myself.

If I turn my phone on BEFORE 07:50, it correctly turns sleep mode off at 07:50. I used to have the same issue with eye comfort shield and the developers fixed this.
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
robd1
Voyager
Options
Hello @StevenR, just discovered the same issue in my Z Fold 4 this week since move to official release. It wasn't an issue through the Beta Programme.
StevenR
Explorer
Options
Hi Rob, thanks for confirming I'm not going mad! That's interesting too.

I've already reported it to Samsung just before I posted here.
0 Likes
StevenR
Explorer
Options
My sleep mode just turned on at 11 pm even though it's only scheduled to turn on from Sunday to Thursday!! It's not working correctly at all.
0 Likes
StevenR
Explorer
Options
Finally!!

Hi Steven. Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. Our team of experts have looked into this for you, and were able to reproduce and test the issue in the latest binary G980FXXSFGVL7. Following their investigation, Sleep Mode features are working as expected along with Dark Mode, Eye Comfort Shield and Do Not Disturb. As the issue has been fixed, please keep an eye out for an update via Settings > Software update > Download and install, along with Settings > Biometrics and security > Security update, and you should find that the feature works as expected. 
0 Likes
darandolph
First Poster
Options

Following my phone's update on 27 FEB 2023, I am now experiencing the same issue as described above on 24 NOV 2022 by @StevenR.  (I have a Samsung A32 phone.)  From the sound of it, is there nothing I can do...just wait until Samsung resolves the issue again?

0 Likes